Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson revolver, any good?

twister

I have a chance to buy a Dan Wesson revolver, and wanted to know if they're any good ? I'll be shooting it in a PPC league with very light wadcutter bullets. Any help is appreciated. I already have a 6" L frame, this would be an extra gun.

Edited by twister

The Dan Wessons are a quality, accurate gun. Compared to a S&W, they are a bit klunky for double action work. Many people shot them with good success in IHMSA (Metallic Silhouette) using them in the single action mode. Your 6" L frame is a very good choice for PPC, either stock or built into a custom gun.

• 3 months later...

I have mine set up for PPC and did a trigger job on it. I think the trigger is now better than my tuned 627 PC. They aren't necessarily race guns but are great for silhouette, and can be made to work very well in PPC and perhaps as a production revolver in action pistol/bianchi cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what most of the (few) revo shooters are using for Bianchi.

Edit to add: I am talking about S&W L frame here. Apparently I misunderstood the previous post and thought they meant L frame. Some are using the 7 shot in case of a short stroke or misfire.

Edited by Toolguy

3 hours ago, Toolguy said:

That's what most of the (few) revo shooters are using for Bianchi.

So what are the advantages of the DW over say, a S&W L Frame in Bianchi?  I only ask because I have a 6" 686 that I've considered shooting at a Bianchi style match we have at my local club.