Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nelson Dymond

Jim O'Young

It is sadness that I report the passing of Nelson Dymond.

Nelson was both a competitor and involved heavily in the genesis, organization & behind the scenes efforts of the action shooting sports.

For many years, he was the director of the Southwest Pistol League and then rangemaster of the SLOSA Morro Bay range, but his true legacy will be as a visionary & pioneer of the action rimfire discipline. Nelson played a pivotal role in the organization of the early rimfire matches and helped to define and shape the Ruger (now the NSSF) Rimfire Challenge.

Nelson could always be counted on to help new, junior & female shooters with the loan of firearm, a box of ammo and safe, friendly instruction. In his SoCal Hollywood days, he was the firearms/shooting coach of the Swedish Bikini Team.

Surviving him is his devoted sidekick & constant companion, Peaches.

Rest in peace, Nelson. I'm sure there is no shortage of rimfire ammo at that range in the sky.

• 5 years later...

Have not been on this site in years. Sad to hear that Nelson has passed. I met Nelson at the Southwest Pistol League in 1994 and known him ever since. Was always a great guy, He helped everyone that asked. He did the printing for the SWPL newsletter for years. Anyway rest easy my friend, You will be missed.

Randy

USPSA TY27966

SWPL 627

ICORE CA8491