Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Competition Belt (334) experience

Gooldylocks

Does anyone have experience with the safariland belt compared to a CR, DAA, etc? I searched on here but couldn't fine anything specific. The only reviews I can find are those on the safariland site.

Is the 334 paired with a 030 a comparably strong system to the others out there?

Thanks!

I have both a Safariland 334 belt and a DAA belt. And I like both of them equally. The Safariland belt is very stiff and handles the weight extremely well (I'm using it for Single Stack). The DAA belt is thicker and stiffer and is a little harder to mount your gear to(I'm using this belt in Limited and am using DAA pouches). Both belts are great. I would look at what your trying to mount on them, that should send you in the right direction. And yes I'm using the 030 inner belt for both outer belts.

Jim

Edited by Helimech

It isn't for me, but for a friend putting together a Production rig. Is the 030 inner stiff as well? How long have you had the 334? Does the velcro stay stuck to the belt, or has it come unstitched at all? 

I told him 5x 771 pouches, a 334 outer and 030 inner, plus a bladetech DOH. Seems like a perfectly acceptable rig to me. 

Thanks

I have been researching this same topic for building a 3 Gun belt. The one aspect that is driving me away from the ELS belt is while the cost of the belt is not bad at all, the ELS clips really start to add up when you looking to mount 4-5 mag pouches and 3 shotgun shell holders. I have no doubt that they are quality but it also limits me to only being able to use the ELS belt in the future. My experience with my USPSA Limited set up is that the mounting clips outlast the belt.

45 minutes ago, Sig0431 said:

I have been researching this same topic for building a 3 Gun belt. The one aspect that is driving me away from the ELS belt is while the cost of the belt is not bad at all, the ELS clips really start to add up when you looking to mount 4-5 mag pouches and 3 shotgun shell holders. I have no doubt that they are quality but it also limits me to only being able to use the ELS belt in the future. My experience with my USPSA Limited set up is that the mounting clips outlast the belt.

Once again, I know the ELS is awesome. I am wondering about the 334, which is just a regular 1 1/2" shooting belt similar to a CR speed, DAA, Ghost, Shooters Connection, etc. I am only wondering because it would be cheaper to buy one at the same time as the pouches if it is decent. Helimech says he likes his though, so I guess maybe it's worth just giving it a shot. 

As far as my input on the ELS system, I think that is honestly the only way to go for 3 gun. I don't shoot 3 gun personally but I have friends that do, and I can't imagine any other way to effectively play that game without it. 

Just now, Gooldylocks said:

Once again, I know the ELS is awesome. I am wondering about the 334, which is just a regular 1 1/2" shooting belt similar to a CR speed, DAA, Ghost, Shooters Connection, etc. I am only wondering because it would be cheaper to buy one at the same time as the pouches if it is decent. Helimech says he likes his though, so I guess maybe it's worth just giving it a shot. 

As far as my input on the ELS system, I think that is honestly the only way to go for 3 gun. I don't shoot 3 gun personally but I have friends that do, and I can't imagine any other way to effectively play that game without it. 

I like your input and appreciate you taking the time as every bit of insight and information I learn from. Please post on here once you make a decision and show us some images of your set up.  

4 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

Yea I am trying to help get a buddy set up for production, he is new to the game. I secured a 40% off coupon for safariland for him to use, so it would be ideal if we could get him totally set up from there. 

Hell with a 40% discount I would go all out. That is a deal that I personally have yet to see. That is awesome to have someone to help with set up. Sadly I don't know anyone who shoot competitively so everything I have learned has been based off research along with trial and error. Like my venture into 3 gun, I keep emailing the guy here who runs the 3 gun matches asking if I can ask some questions and never receive a response and to be honest the shooters at the matches here tend to be a little... "stand off-ish" compared to other venues I have shot at so asking for advice normally yields the response of "go look online" or "this is what I like and not sure of what else there is out there" haha. But I still love the sport and wont let that stop me. Best of luck to your friend!