Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LnL swager

Just picked up a swager for my lock n load ap, as I haven't gotten around to setting it up just yet I thought I'd ask you guys what your thoughts on it are.

So who here has tried it, what are your thoughts on it? Does it work like advertised? Is it necessary to sort my brass by headstamp? Tips, tricks and anything interesting you noticed while using it?

Appreciate it fellas.

Would be interesting to read what other people experienced with it.

I used mine a couple of times.  Years ago.

I remember cases getting stuck on the rod.  Had to take it apart to get the case off several times.  I came away thinking this thing needs work.  Haven't used it since.  Been buying X-Treme processed brass.

• 1 month later...

Set mine up for 5.56 and 7.62. I made a collector out of an old powder jar to collect the swaged cases instead of removing them one at a time. I don't sort headstamp but it says to. I like it a lot better than the bench swagers and a 1050 is not in my budget so it works for what it is. If the cases stick I think you need to add more pressure so the spring can push it off after is swages. (I think)

I've hand mine a while and ran about 500 LC 7.62 cases through it with no problem. Makes short work of them, much faster than a bench swage. I'll eventually get around to doing a small hose of something for the "eject" die to just funnel the swaged cases into a bucket or can.