Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro trigger reset mushy

1eyedfatman

I have the previous gen Limited Pro (has the curved beaver tail instead of the stubby one) and bought off someone that had done some work on it (polishing, springs), but it was their backup so it wasn't fired hardly at all.  The reset on the trigger feels mushy and there is not a strong positive reset click, the click is there, but I'd like it more positive.  The first few times I shot it, I actually didn't let it reset fully and almost thought I had a malfunction until I release the trigger more.

I recently installed the solid hammer and a bolo.  Not sure if the bolo did much for me in this case with a stock hammer and sear.  I had to file the heck out of the bolo and pretty much filed it down to be close to the original interruptor profile.  But, with these parts, the trigger reset is the same as before as far as the mushy feeling and not a strong reset.

Does anybody know what I need to target to get a more positive trigger reset?  I plan to shoot this Lim Pro USPSA Prod and IDPS SSP...so I can't install Xtreme hammers like the Titan (hence that is why I installed the more mass solid hammer).

What Johnbu said. Start there.

That spring is pushing the trigger bar upward and 'clicking' the disconnector/trigger bar back into alignment when the trigger resets. The weaker your trigger bar / plunger spring is, the softer the trigger resets.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Pull weights will go up a little bit in DA and SA. Not much, but you'll feel it. Yes.

Thats why so many people lighten the plunger spring even though everything the trigger does becomes less crisp, and you sometimes run into issues with the hammer falling early in DA.

I had a similar feel to my Stock 2 prior to moving to an Xtreme 1 piece sear and Titan hammer (bolo also). Now the reset is very short and crisp. Factory plunger spring, PD reduced sear spring, PD reduced trigger return spring.