Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio quality

alfa75

After shooting for 2 years with different guns, I should choose 1 standart gun for ipsc,choose fields between tanfoglio limited custom (1492$) and sti edge.(2780$).After I have both of them in hand choice war easy, Tanfoglio had Much better trigger, MUCH better frame to slide fit, and I got an offer On STI trigger job for +400$ and total 3180$:unsure:.

Now my Tanfoglio has shot 85000 that has not changed any parts, and has play on frame to slide as a new STI edge:D.

Tanfoglio got customers for live:bow:

That's amazing.  I suppose 85k rounds of major?  I am curious what is the highest round count on a 9mm Stock2/3/Lim Pro ever recorded without having to replace barrel/frame/slide parts (excluding springs/extractors, etc.).

A friend has 80k on his Stock III Xtreme and 100k on his regular Stock III. Both still going strong and he didn't even change a slide stop!

Springs.  5-10,000 rounds for the  hammer.   sear, trigger return, recoil can go longer.

Extractor spring about 5000. Wolff extra power extractor spring can go 20-30,000.

Trigger  bar every 100 - 200,000 da cycles.

Other parts as they wear or break. But few do.

Keeping it clean and lubricated can make it last a long time. Failing to do so can shorten life.

19 minutes ago, farmrboy said:

I found it's important to keep the hammer and plunger spring pockets clean. Gunk can build up in them and cause problems like light primer strikes.

Around the extractor gunk builds up and hinders extraction. Causes FTE.

Around the trigger bar gunk builds up and impedes reset causing dead trigger.

Both come around 3-4000 rounds, typically from just adding oil and not cleaning.  of course, they can happen sooner or later depending on powder choice. Clean powders might go 2-5 times that!

And that same gunk can build up in the firing pin channel causing light strikes.

High maintenance? Not like a beautiful Italian car or woman! But more than an AK or glock. lol

The stock extractor spring needs to be replaced after 5k?

I noticed that extra power extractor springs on a CZ-75 increases the likelihood of feeding issues.

I have more than 25k on the hammer springs on my CZ's and 1911's.

Edited by himurax13

The stock extractor spring needs to be replaced after 5k?

I noticed that extra power extractor springs on a CZ-75 increases the likelihood of feeding issues.

22k and mine is still going strong. Knock on wood!

2 hours ago, alfa75 said:

JOHNBU 

IT IS NOT CHANGED ANYTHING IN MINE

Your choice,  obviously.

Springs rarely "break", and if it ain't broke, why fix it? . since they don't break, what happens?   Well, they do get microscopically weaker with each use (within their elastic limit).  At some indeterminate point,  they are over powered by some other force. Usually built up crud that causes friction.  at that point, frustrating random issues start to happen.  random light strikes, fail to extract or maybe an obscure timing issue. Maybe only 1 per 500 shots, but then 2 / 500, then 1/100... and only during a classifier (my type of luck!).

My opinion is that the time, effort,  frustration of those failures is greater than the monetary cost of a couple springs. Especially if the failure occurs during a match.  just one opinion.

Edited by johnbu

I don't clean it often... maybe once every 3.000 rounds or so. Lube? Every 500 or so, and lightly.

Agreed. Mine is at the 1800rd mark now. Just lube every so often as mentioned and you should be good to go. I have had zero issues with feeding or extraction. I think I'm going to a detailed clean around the 2500 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk