Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Vario Trigger in open DVC Mods

gerritm

Asked this in 19-2011 forum and no real answer. Hate to quit on finishing this project, but a learning experience.

Installed an STI Gunsmith blank trigger and it worked out great in my son's 3-gun DVC. Smooth and crisp with very little pre-travel. Shot it Sunday in a match and all good.

Installed the X-Line Vario trigger in my open DVC, tested it without the mag and all good, crisp pull, little pre-travel, about 2.5#. Did some fitting of the aluminum trigger shoe into the frame, but nothing on the bow.

When I insert the mag, trigger is now very hard to pull. Mag still drops free. Can get it to click but very hard. Not the over-travel screw. Pulled the trigger back out and when you put a mag in the bow you can see it is very tight towards the front of the mag. Trigger bow fits nice in the frame, slides smoothly. There is a slight  silver solder bump from where they attached the shoe adjustment screw thru the inside of the frame.

What would be the next step. Open up the front inside corners of the bow slightly. Looks like that is where it touches first. Plenty of metal in the front of the bow to work with. File off the small weld. Not sure where to go next.

gerritm

use a sharpy or candle sooth to mark the contactpoint, adjust

also check that the trigger isn't stopping against the gripsafety instead of the triggerstop

I check the function of the trigger without the triggershoe, so I'm sure if there is a problem it isn't the shoe but the bow

or contact Christoph

• 3 weeks later...

Played with the trigger and got it working. Took a little off the spot on the weld that holds the adjustable trigger shoe in place on the inside of the bow. Seems like this was the first spot touching the mag, slightly beveled the inside corners of the bow, and re-polished all the surfaces of the bow and it seems to work fine now. Did a  function check and all was good. Will shoot it this weekend.

gerritm

Tested it Saturday with a full mag and could still feel it touching, but it did fire. Took it back apart and took a little more off the weld area  and a couple of spots I could see rub marks. Polished it all out again and shot a match Sunday and it worked great. Liking the trigger, but it was a lot of work to get it to fit, but I learned alot about the way the gun functions.

gerritm

• 1 month later...

another great media to show contack is a product called prussian blue its a dark blue ( almost like acrylic paint ) that will come off with solvent. you should be able to find it online... prob the easiest   use it sparingly we use it in machining to show contact surface works awesome !!

The only issues with the vario I've seen is A: The shoe is dimensionally larger than STI and SV triggers and requires more fitting. B: I found the bow itself is larger in height. That caused it to rub in the bottom edge in the forward pocket area of the grip frame where the bow curves to meet the shoe. I've not encountered the spot weld for the shoe contacting the mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk