Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 and T1 disco

zeroryde

Hey guys, so I got my order in yesterday for the CGW race hammer with adjustable sear, T1 disco, and a bunch of other things such as the bushing and new hammer strut.

I assembled the hammer and the T1 disco on a separate hammer strut so I can have two separate assemblies so I can go back if I needed to. When I installed everything in as instructed, the hammer will not release or go down in double action or single action. It releases only when I push on the trigger bar or snap the trigger really fast.

I contacted David at CGW and he asked me of I backed the overtravel screw out of the trigger in SA yet. Which I haven't touched since I got the gun. I'm at work now so I can't try it to report back to David. But I'm wondering if any of you had to remove material from the T1 disco if that is my problem. Here are two videos of the two hammers, one stock, one with CGW and T1. Both with the adjustable sear in place.

Race hammer and t1

Stock hammer and disco

Any suggestions?

24 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

No, David is most likely correct. The sear isn't releasing the hammer which means the post-travel screw is too far out. Fitting the sear only affects the reset, not the release.

Thanks I will definitely try that out and report back. I just didn't think of that since I never adjusted it out of the box. 

5 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Hopefully that is it. It is definitely the easiest fix.

By George... just got home from work and tried backing out the overtravel screw, David and you were right... it worked. The hammer drops now with the pull although when in SA I noticed that if you pull the trigger really slow and stop have way there is a chance to catch the half cock sear. It is not an issue when I just pull straight through. Thanks for reaffirming what David suggested.

5 minutes ago, zeroryde said:

By George... just got home from work and tried backing out the overtravel screw, David and you were right... it worked. The hammer drops now with the pull although when in SA I noticed that if you pull the trigger really slow and stop have way there is a chance to catch the half cock sear. It is not an issue when I just pull straight through. Thanks for reaffirming what David suggested.

If you pull slowly you need to back it out more. You don't want your hammer hooks to drag on the sear or it will cause premature wear. You can visually inspect and see that the hammer hooks clear the sear.

15 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

If you pull slowly you need to back it out more. You don't want your hammer hooks to drag on the sear or it will cause premature wear. You can visually inspect and see that the hammer hooks clear the sear.

Ok thanks, I did that and it works, but for some reason it still catches if were to not fully depress the trigger. like if I were slowly pulling and creeping it with a lot of trigger finger... it had a tendency to catch and act like i was trying to decock it. But if I deliberately pull the trigger in one motion it seems fine. Not sure how else to explain it or what else it would it would be to cause this. I did pay attention to the sear and the hammer hooks like you said. Seems that I have to make sure I pull the trigger in one motion to ensure I don't have premature wear. This only happens in SA too. DA is fine.

Just now, zeroryde said:

Ok thanks, I did that and it works, but for some reason it still catches if were to not fully depress the trigger. like if I were slowly pulling and creeping it with a lot of trigger finger... it had a tendency to catch and act like i was trying to decock it. But if I deliberately pull the trigger in one motion it seems fine. Not sure how else to explain it or what else it would it would be to cause this. I did pay attention to the sear and the hammer hooks like you said. Seems that I have to make sure I pull the trigger in one motion to ensure I don't have premature wear. This only happens in SA too. DA is fine.

If it's not firing when you pull slowly you need to back it out more. Otherwise, the only reason why it releases when you pull quickly is because you have enough force to push the screw in and let the hammer fall. It's still scraping.

4 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

If it's not firing when you pull slowly you need to back it out more. Otherwise, the only reason why it releases when you pull quickly is because you have enough force to push the screw in and let the hammer fall. It's still scraping.

I backed it out completely, I think I know what's happening now... if I don't pull back completely  and stall mid-way the pull, I think the sear resets and catches the hammer hook. If I pull straight back without hesitation it drops normally. Mind you the screw is out to where it is sticking out of the front of the trigger now and there is a "void" now where the screw is on the backside of the trigger. I apologize for this back and forth. I might have to post another video or contact David, or it's just maybe me in how I pull the trigger weird. I'm not sure what else to adjust.

Just now, zeroryde said:

I backed it out completely, I think I know what's happening now... if I don't pull back completely  and stall mid-way the pull, I think the sear resets and catches the hammer hook. If I pull straight back without hesitation it drops normally. Mind you the screw is out to where it is sticking out of the front of the trigger now and there is a "void" now where the screw is on the backside of the trigger. I apologize for this back and forth. I might have to post another video or contact David, or it's just maybe me in how I pull the trigger weird. I'm not sure what else to adjust.

It still catches when the screw is backed all the way out? That is a little weird since if you have a ton of post-travel, the sear should be able to clear the hammer easily. The sear movement is directly related to the trigger. It won't reset until you reset the trigger.

11 minutes ago, rhart123 said:

Mine did similar. I contacted David and he sent me instructions on removing a little trigger off the disco - fixed it right up. I don't use overtravel screws.

Here's a little video I just took. First two pulls are what I described as catching... if I did it slow and deliberately half way. The rest are normal straight back pulls. Sounds like I might have to do the same. Did he tell you where to remove on the disco. I'm going to send him this video too. Thanks for all the advice everyone.

6 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

FVmSAaA.jpg

Awesome, thanks, I'll probably go about this really carefully now. I heard of people using markers etc. Not sure if I should pick up a diamond file or dremel attachment and be really careful.

Just now, zeroryde said:

Awesome, thanks, I'll probably go about this really carefully now. I heard of people using markers etc. Not sure if I should pick up a diamond file or dremel attachment and be really careful.

I wouldn't do it without a sharpie. The dremel attachment is fine, but just test and retest frequently. Be patient about it. If it takes more than one day, so be it. I suspect you won't have to remove much material.