Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CK Arms open gun

Steelix

Are you getting a 9mm or 38s. Congrats on your new gun your going to like it. 

9mm...already have a DVC open 9 which will move to backup duty. Can't wait for the CK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye iam looking at a CK arms for my first 9mm open gun, now iam just trying to get the cash together. 

I just got mine this week. I'm really happy with the fit and finish. Locks up super tight, as in really friggin' tight! I am really liking the steel grip. Adds some weight and is very sharp/grippy.

cafbddb750840d0ed46c555282f596a7.jpg

34 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

I just got mine this week. I'm really happy with the fit and finish. Locks up super tight, as in really friggin' tight! I am really liking the steel grip. Adds some weight and is very sharp/grippy.

cafbddb750840d0ed46c555282f596a7.jpg

Good looking gun, glad you like it. Yes they are very tight. 

48 minutes ago, FFEMT said:

Do you have any issues running 9 major. I keep getting talked out of a 38sc build. 

The powder selection these days really make running 9 major not an issue.  If you can load the ammo long it does make feeding a lot more reliable.  I do think as 38sc is rimless you'll have less chances of binding.  

depending on the region you are in, there seems to be more of a following on certain calibers.  We shoot a lot of 9 major here in the midwest.  South West / East seems to favor 38sc.  

On 4/30/2017 at 10:13 PM, Steelix said:

Are you getting a 9mm or 38s. Congrats on your new gun your going to like it. 

Mine is 9mm. 300 rounds down the pipe and loving it. 

Ok, so I reached out to Matt Cheely directly regarding the short chamber on my gun. He responded to my email within 5 minutes. He said to ship the barrel, a dummy round and 10 bucks and he would take care of it next day. Fantastic service!

1 hour ago, TeedOff said:

Ok, so I reached out to Matt Cheely directly regarding the short chamber on my gun. He responded to my email within 5 minutes. He said to ship the barrel, a dummy round and 10 bucks and he would take care of it next day. Fantastic service!

$10 bucks to fix what is a short chamber in a 9major? That gun shouldn't have even been shipped like that.. much less a charge to fix it.

$10 bucks to fix what is a short chamber in a 9major? That gun shouldn't have even been shipped like that.. much less a charge to fix it.

10 bucks is to ship it back.

4 hours ago, TeedOff said:

Thats not bad, you just for the shipping and with shipping you should have it back within a week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Sun May 07 2017 at 7:35 AM, Rolex said:

Just wondering what you can run for OAL?

I hear CK chambers are short??

Can you confirm your oal please.

I just picked one up from another member on the forum. I'm loading 115 PD JHPs to 1.165"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve had mine since may. Its running perfectly, about 4K rounds down range. The only issues I’ve had outside of initial problems with comp alignment and throating have been ammo related. Once I got my load and loading process dialled in the gun has ran great.

5 hours ago, TeedOff said:

I’ve had mine since may. Its running perfectly, about 4K rounds down range. The only issues I’ve had outside of initial problems with comp alignment and throating have been ammo related. Once I got my load and loading process dialled in the gun has ran great.

That's good to hear. I was thinking about getting a custom gun built but this will be my first open gun so I'm thinking ck would be a better option. Plus then I'll have all winter to work up loads and practice before next season of shooting. 

That was my plan this time last year. I could never get the DVC open gun to run right so I made it my backup and got the CK as my primary.

All has been good with the CK...even took a couple of class wins at level 2 matches with it.