Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CK Arms open gun

Steelix

I finally got my CK Arms open gun, I went with 38s. I took it out to the range today and put 200 rounds though it. Gun ran good it still a little tight. The dot never left the window but it did zig a little, my old gun did go straight up and down but I had a Brazo comp on it and I think the side hole help the tracking. It may get better when I work up a load for it as of right now I used my old load, PD 124gr JHP oal 1.235 with 8.8gr of HS6. The one thing I was surprised that it ejected brass great, as the Aftec has no tension on the brass, the brass won't fall but the Attec does not move. Right now it only has the rear spring in. I have no complaints about the gun, it just needs those couple of adjustments. 

IMG_7972.PNG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great looking Open Gun.  I have a CK Arms Open 9 Major and thinking about getting one in 38 super.  The more I shoot mine the better it gets.  Did you order this from Bobby or get it from a dealer online?

I got it from a dealer, not sure if I can say the the dealers name or not. But was very great to deal with, he did the did the RTS2 up grade for same price that CK charges and even sighted in the gun for me. 

21 hours ago, Steelix said:

I got it from a dealer, not sure if I can say the the dealers name or not. But was very great to deal with, he did the did the RTS2 up grade for same price that CK charges and even sighted in the gun for me. 

Why couldn't you say the dealers name?

theres no sin in Sharing who you do business with!

4 minutes ago, Travtastik said:

So after seeing this and reading up some on the CK I am considering it over the DVC open gun.  Going to have to track one down so I can lay hands on it before I drop the cash.

I couldnt imagine choosing a stock STI over a gun like a CK. Please buy the CK lol

11k rounds on mine and I haven't touched the extractor. I've never had a Single hiccup. According to Bobby I should move the old spring forward and put the new one in the rear. 

I'm currently freshening all the springs as I have it sold to a buddy.

Bobby's building me a new one. ? A shorty with a metal grip. Any week now ?

1 hour ago, Travtastik said:

How long was your wait to get it?  I have decided this is what I want to go with for sure.  I have found a few in stock but they were not exactly what I was wanting. 

Contact Bobby. He may be able to tell you which distributor has what you are looking for or give you a lead time on one. 

I got mine from a dealer, so there was no wait time. But there is a little give and take with a dealer gun as it may not be exactly what you want. The way my gun was at the dealer it had the slideride on it and I wanted the RTS2, and he changed it out for me. Great gun I can't say anything bad about the gun. 

1 minute ago, aandabooks said:

That mean your DVC is going to be on the market?

No.  Its back with STI right now getting fixed...then it will be a backup gun.  Hoping to have both in the range bag for the SNS400.

2 hours ago, TeedOff said:

Nice gun.  I ordered one last week from a dealer...picking it up tomorrow.

Are you getting a 9mm or 38s. Congrats on your new gun your going to like it.