Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Infinity Signature SS Grip

cbrussell

You applied it directly to the grip? How long does the epoxied grip last you? And how do you reapply it after only certain parts of the grip get worn out of the silicon carbide?  

I asked this question several months back. I took advantage of SV's customer service and had them ship me a sample of each of the grips; they were all in the raw. Initially,  in my initial build, I went with the tactical grip, but after trying it, I realized that it doesn't offer enough traction with how I torqued down on the grip, even indoors with dry hands. And then, like others have said, I found the aggressive micro pockets too sharp. I ended up changing my build to have the 60 grit skater tape.  However, when I receive my gun, I will use the skater terrain grip tape as a template to make my own with 36 grit silicon carbide.

Dude, when you have 36 grit, sign me up, I would like to buy some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, cvincent said:

Dude, when you have 36 grit, sign me up, I would like to buy some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already got the grit.  You found it online.  I'm just waiting on my guns.  I placed my orders April of last year.  Pretty soon I would think.

The carbide grit may not look as sexy as the micro pockets to some, but I have no problem with the aesthetics.  I'm going to have my daughter pick out a glitter color to mix into the grit for some added "looks".  She'll most likely choose gold or pink (:o).  Whatever.  If it end up too sparkly, I'll just strip it off and use just the grit.

Edited by MissionaryMike