Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX 170mm mags the best?

Harleyhater

Any mag that is tuned will run well. I use the MBX mags cause I don'y have to do any tuning and they don't lock back the slide. I have STI mags with Taran pads and internals that work just as well. 

I have, and like, MBX mags.  The 170 is the best of them.  I have some trouble with the 140s, because the feed lips were not perfect.  There is going to some variation in all new mags.  I will say there are no tools for tuning MBX mags, and they are much harder to do by hard, especially if the lips are too wide.

In my experience most STI tubes are good to go, add your preferred base pad, spacer and guts and you are good to go. 

However if the mag gives you trouble you are on your own to figure it out. 

Spend a a few more bucks for an MBX and you have a company who will help you and make it run. But truth is the MBX should run from the start. 

I've used MBX mags (both 140 & 170) since last fall and like them a lot, I've since sold my STI mags (I did have problems with those, mostly my fault because of forgetting to put the spacer in when cleaning during a match :blink:, don't have that problem with MBX)