Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7.62x39 Bullets?

Religious Shooter

• 5 weeks later...

Bullets made for the British .303 (.312) are the correct size. I would bet you could buy some bulk .303 from Seiler and Beloit, or perhaps Magtech or one of the other importers.

• 3 weeks later...

Berry's and Xtreme both make a 123gr plated bullet for 7.62x39.  I haven't tried either one yet (I've been using Hornady 123gr SPs), but I will be buying a batch of them before long.

Limitations - 

1800fps maximum per manufacturer (due to plating)

flat nose profile has caused some feed issues with certain rifles

You should be able to get them for around $140/1000, from Xtreme directly or from TJ Coneveras (for the Berry's).

Have shot 308 Xtremes out of a 700 bolt gun using Trailboss.  Decent groups at 25 yards.  But couldn't consistently hit an IPSC sized paper at 100 yards for some reason.  So personally I'm going to look at plated at the very last resort.

Have a couple of boxes of the 123 Hornady SP's and SST's and .308 110 gr M1 Carbine bullets from Armscor and Magtech.  Have pulled out the heads and put them on some factory 7.62x39 of Russian make.  Just waiting for some time when I can go and see what they do on paper.    

• 2 weeks later...
On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 1:19 AM, Religious Shooter said:

Want to get some non steel bullets for 7.62x39.  Primarily to be used for 3 gun.  Looking to Mexican match some Wolf.  Or just do a new load out right.

What do you guys use?  

Thanks.

I see Berry's makes a 200gr. Plated (300 BO)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...