Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson follower

Slidestop

What is the trick in getting the follower on an STI spring. I've cut the extra off the loop, but for the life of me, 

i can't get the follower on the spring.

I have Grams guts in all of my other mags, but this one is a 126mm I believe that came with my Edge, and I had an extra follower.

i use it for a Barney mag. I've been fighting with this damn thing for three days now. 

Whats the trick?

The spring just won't open far enough to fit. Do I fit the "hooked" end of the spring first or the other end?

Geez, it can't be that difficult!

The instructions say, "Then just snap the spring on the follower and go have fun!"

Yeah right.

Edited by Slidestop

The Dawson follower is compatable with the stock STI spring.

Do I need to trim the hook enough to slide from the "side" of the front of follower . I've brim trying to get it "over" the slotted area.

Do I fit the hook part in the front of the follower then get the whole loop over the back of the follower,

Or do I put the spring over the back of the follower, then try to put the cut part of the hook over the front of the follower? 

I did 4 before before I got the Grams follower and springs. I just don't get this one.

Thanks, George. 

Very frustrating for for what seems to be a simple thing.

I got it. I used a pair of needle nose to stretch the hook part of the spring forward, using the needle nose plyers between the 

spring and the front of the follower, to pull it forward. Needless to say, I will NEVER buy those again.