Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 RH Safety Detent Spring?

SlvrDragon50

I was taking apart my S2 to fit a sear, and a metal piece fell out while I was reassembling.

Displaying IMG_5891.JPGDisplaying IMG_5892.JPG

Displaying IMG_5893.JPG

Anyone know if there is supposed to be a spring here? The right side detent is completely different from the left side. The left side is the standard plastic one with a nub for the spring. This right one is all metal.

if you have enough friction it'd work like that. the detent keeps it in without the lh safety.

the rh detent rides in the frame and its forward part, where it slims down, rides in a groove on the rh safety, mechanically retaining it.

to me it sounds like you're just relying on the friction fit of the transverse part of the lf safety, the "post" to fit into the D shaped opening where it moves the rh safety up and down in unison with the left.

Hm.. I wonder if I reinstalled it correctly then because the RH detent pops out fairly easily. I have to push it forward to ride in the groove of the RH safety. That's kinda why I expected there to be a spring, otherwise it just sits in the frame doing nothing.

In atlas' tuning thread where he shows just how to take the gun apart and put it back together, look at those pictures, it's the same deal when putting the rh safety back in a shadow 2. his pics will show you better than my words how it should be in.

normally when it's not put in right, you can't get the sear cage back in the gun.