Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who builds revolvers?

Realtalk

8 hours ago, Realtalk said:

I am brand new. I really love the revolver, I have shot 3 local matches with a stock colt python just to try. I am not worried about the money so please help lead me to a full custom revolver and the gear you like. Thanks 

What game are you going to shoot Uspsa or ICORE? Also depends what you shoot in ICORE?

Joe at Mojo Custom did my 929 and I love it. Give him a call, he will take good care of you. FedEx said it got delivered and he was calling a few minutes later to walk me through his work plan. Delivered on time as promised and it runs great!

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

Uspsa

You want a Smith and Wesson 627 or 929 , done up with new sights, grips , and trigger by the gunsmith of your choice

Don't bother looking at anything else.

Have a nice day.

Mark Hartshorne of Pinnacle High Performance out of Quakertown, PA is whom I recommend. He is a complete custom revolver shop from action jobs to making his own custom barrels, his barrels shoot lights out by the way. He will make any S&W revo into a masterpiece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Uspsa

If you are set up for 9mm on reloading take a look at the 929 and pick or chose the brass that does not give you problems with sticky extraction. Lots of talk and other discussion on this forum about that problem.

627 allows you to shoot 357, 38 special, 38 long colt and 38 short colt. You will find that you can replicate 9mm loads with 38 short colt. This allows you to use the 627 for USPSA  and if you like to hunt you can also use with 357 to hunt. 

Just my 2 cents either would be fine but I like the versatility of the 627. Also a big plus to Mark Hartshorne of Pinnacle Custom. He has built 2 revolvers for me and the work was outstanding.