Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

another 929

valerko

Which springs are you guys using? Got some wolf springs , but I think they send me standard power instead of reduced power main spring. Once I polished whatever I could and change main and rebound springs , I had problem with trigger coming back 

BTW: this was pretty much first time I worked on revolver lol

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Distant Thunder said:

A. Did everyone go home with the same number of holes in them that they showed up with and no extras?

B. Did you have fun?

Absolutely. Might've been my first match with revolver , but not first match. Lol

Funny thing , when I went to do first reload , I've pushed cylinder release and froze for split second waiting for magazine to pop out. Lol

21 hours ago, valerko said:

First match under my belt with 929  . Local IDPA match , they let me shoot 929 , even use Hogue holster with Protocall adapter . Second overall , only 16 shooters , not bad  :)

Excellent and if you want to shoot steel challenge with your 929, were having a match this Saturday about an hour south west of your location.

PM me if your interested ?

We have a couple of guys that shoot 929's and other revolvers.

Well now you have gone and done it. Bought a revolver and entered a match. It's over.

When I started shooting handguns I thought to myself that I would never go down this road but after two years I broke down and got my first one. My 929 is my second and basically revolver is all I shoot now.

18 hours ago, valerko said:

Absolutely. Might've been my first match with revolver , but not first match. Lol

Funny thing , when I went to do first reload , I've pushed cylinder release and froze for split second waiting for magazine to pop out. Lol

4 hours ago, shoots100 said:

Excellent and if you want to shoot steel challenge with your 929, were having a match this Saturday about an hour south west of your location.

PM me if your interested ?

We have a couple of guys that shoot 929's and other revolvers.

As you know a 929 is not a good IDPA gun but it is great for USPSA as long as you keep it iron sight. Steel Challenge is also a great place also for this gun and is where I'm going for now. Any of the 8 shot N frames are good though. The way I have my configured with a dot sight and all of the professional work done on it I have about $2200.00 in it, plus the BMT mooner, 50 of the Revolver Supply Store .35 moon clips and I have around $500.00 in my belt so it can be just as much of a money pit as any gun can be. The sad part of it is I'm not much to look at on the range. But that is not the fault to the equipment. Enjoy your revo and welcome to the club!

Edited by firewood

41 minutes ago, valerko said:

Nope , got all my brass and moon lips back.  It's actually an achievement at that range. Lol

Now thinking about revolver for IDPA. :)

I have gotten my moon clips back but never have had moon lips. LOL ?