Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Belt

Snap_Shot

I'm getting set up for my first 3 gun mach... I think i've got most of the gear squared away.. one of the things i have left to get is a good belt.   

Ive been looking at the DAA Pro, the Shooters Connection, maybe a CR speed (high torque maybe), maybe even the blade tech belt.    

Im set up on my mag/shell caddy's for TeK lock stuff - gun holster - BT - stingray (adjustable belt loop thing) 

I currently possess a "tactical muffin top" I'm not in the best shape and have heard that the DAA (cheaper belt) (inside belt) is itself kinda stiff and causes some people with muffin tops pain and a cutting in sensation.   ( i want to avoid that) i hear that the CR is maybe a bit softer (piping/edging around the belt) .   I've also heard that people have a hard time with Tek Lock surf on DAA belts (thickness) (even the pro model) ... i don't know, --- any advice?

Double Alpha belt is the best, but suited for a permanent gear arrangement.  If you plan to swap gear around per stage design, which is a common tactic/strategy for 3-Gun, then get a CR Speed, Safariland ELS, or a suitable belt similar to the Wilderness belt.

Avoid the Midway competition belt.  It is trash masquerading as a viable product.

The Ghost belt is good quality, the inner belt was actually thinner and softer than I expected, but this might work well for your situation. It holds up fine for me when velcrod in, using all belt loops of course.

Belts are pretty cheap and can be easily pawned off if you don't like one. Get whichever one's on sale.

No idea about your mag pouch thickness, I have ghost pouches on a ghost belt, so of course it fits right. There's good sense in being consistent with your brand if you're worried about compatibility and not picky on the belt details.

I have used the CR Speed belt for USPSA & 3 gun, with Tekloks & it work great. I got a Shooters Connection belt last year & it is significantly more rigid. I also got about 5 years out of the CR before the Velcro wore out. They don't sell replacement inner belts. SC does. I'll check later to see how the SC belt works with Tekloks. 

I have the DAA premium belt and was running a teklok on my XD holster before I switched guns... worked great. The premium belt has the supposed best of both worlds belts combined. I too have a bit of the tactical gut, and its comfortable for me.

If your having problems with the tek lok get some heavy duty adhesive velcro and put it on the back of the tek lok clip.  Works great if you have a bunch of them next to each other.  Like a bunch of mag pouches.

I have a Safariland belt set up with a Carbon Arms ratchet kit and really like it. The ability to adjust the tension on the belt between stages is great. I also like the ELS system a lot. Its nice being able to take the mag pouches and shotshell caddies off between stages without having to remove the belt like the tek-loks.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, kmca said:

Dun't think you can do better than the Safariland ELS.  It does get kind of expensive though 

You are correct. I am looking to build a 3 gun rig and when pricing out the ELS I was blown away when you add all the ELS clips required. I have used Tekloks in the past and I am still considering them but I want my rig to have the flexibility to remove items when not required for a stage and with the TekLoks you have to remove the entire hanger which will require a fair amount of readjusting placement when adding items back on the belt to ensure items are placed in line with my muscle memory. Maybe I am just to OCD. haha

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the Shooters Connection belt last night, and some AP custom rebuild kits for some used load2/load 4's i got... I'm getting excited ...  getting on some practice and next month for my first 3gunning experience.  

1 hour ago, af220wa said:

Check out the Guga Ribas belt.  I picked one up at A1 and really like it.  They have a steel liner rather than plastic that may break over time and the metal one is more rigid.

http://gugaribas.com.br/en/products-and-services/holster/

I have never heard of a CRSpeed or DAA breaking from even several years of normal use

I run 2 of the Bladetech belts I got for cheap, one USPSA and the other 3gun. They both seem to be holding up very well so far with tekloks but with alot of weight I do notice the belt dip a bit. I run velcro on the back and inside of my tekloks and it does help keep the belt secure to the inner belt when fully loaded. I do like the idea of the ELS system but I don't like the stud attachments for the belt I would have to go with a ratchet setup but that's more money I would have to shell out.

Being so new I didn't want to spend a ton of money, I found the Midway competition belt on sale for $15. It has been good to me so far, no complaints. I know it's not as stiff as the higher end ones but it works until I am ready to upgrade.

I out grew my CR Speed Belt after a couple years it worked out pretty good.   I just got my New Shooters Connection Belt.   I like it a lot.  It is stiff and stays tight.   I followed their directions for sizing and it was spot on.   Great Belt at a very reasonable price and from Shooters I get my packages about a day or 2 after I order.   

• 3 weeks later...

Check out Tuff Products. I've been running their competition belt for 2 seasons. Way stiffer than my old DAA.  Plus they are truer to their shape. The DAA belts always seemed to compress when I tightened down my mag pouches and holster.  The TUFF belt stays true and everything mounts tight. 

• 3 weeks later...