Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switching divisions

ckfarris

1 hour ago, abb1 said:

This is incorrect unfortunately. It is on trial until Dec 2020. Here is a cut of the Minutes from the 42nd GA:

OK, it is provisional for two years. From what I've seen from the year it was provisional in some Regions, it is taking off. I'm not convinced that both versions will survive but one is pretty sure.

Two years is too short?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, perttime said:

OK, it is provisional for two years. From what I've seen from the year it was provisional in some Regions, it is taking off. I'm not convinced that both versions will survive but one is pretty sure.

Two years is too short?

It has already been on trial for almost a year, and two more, I feel is overkill.  No division should require a 3yr evaluation IMO. IProdction Optics is DEFINITELY taking off, however ‘PO Light’, will take away from that, and I personally don’t think it will go anywheres. I have been wrong before though......

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, ckfarris said:

How often do you guys find yourselves changing divisions? Do you decide what division you will shoot and stick with it for an entire year or longer?

The reason I ask is I have a nice production set up, limited set up, and now carry Optics set up that I enjoy shooting. I find myself at my monthly matches just kind of making the decision that morning which one I'm going to shoot. I know I will probably never get as good as I could be by jumping divisions every time out but I just am curious on your thoughts about it.

Production and carry Optics are the same platform with a Glock but my limited setup is a 2011 if that matters.

Started out limited minor to get my feet wet, saw how much fun the single stack savages were having and shot single stack all this year. No regrets! It has forced me to be a better shooter.