Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr. Bullet Feeder Help Keeps dropping all the bullets

So far my Mr. Bullet feeder has drastically slowed down my reloading process on my 650.  Every 10 to 15 pulls it drops the entire magazine of feeded bullets onto my foot and floor. I'm using 160grn 9mm bullets by BBI and they feed perfectly.  I just can't seem to understand why they are all dropping on the floor I have it set to feed low the first number 6 I believe.  I also only have 2 bearings in the tube tried 4 still same issue. I also have ensure it is not rubbing on the powder funnel.  I think it might be to much tension on the spring that feeds the bullets keeps it in the up position maybe?

Station 1 Resize

Station 2 Powder/Primer

Station 3 Mr. Bullet Feeder

Station 4 Redding Micro Seater

Station 5 Dillon Crimp.

I forget exactly what the setup was, but for setup your supposed to turn it down till it drops one then turn it back or something. But there is a clearly defined setup process. I did it and mine worked fine since day one. That and 45 degree angle for the bullet coalator (sp?)

• 1 year later...

Having this same issue.
I followed the directions when I installed it because I've read multiple posts about it. My Mr. Bullet Feeder is brand new.

I installed it last night. It sends the bullets to the bullet drop with no issues. I tested the bullet feeder with 6 bullets in it, spun it till it dropped one bullet, then turned it the 1/4 turn per the directions (directions dont say forward or backward, so I kept going down more because thats the only direction I had been turning).... it was dropping singles. When I turned the machine on to continue to feed and i tried to start pressing out ammo.... they all fell out.. every single time... so I left it hooked up, and spun it back a few to where I couldnt get any to drop. Then spun it down slowly until I got it to drop one. Then it dropped one... that one time. Then tried hte next one and it didnt drop at all. Figured not a big deal, I'll just slowly spin till I can get it to drop one. literally turning it like 1/32 of the way around each time... it went from dropping none, to dropping all of them in one 1/32 of a turn...

I can not get it to be consistent.

1 hour ago, shakin_bakin said:

Having this same issue.
I followed the directions when I installed it because I've read multiple posts about it. My Mr. Bullet Feeder is brand new.

I installed it last night. It sends the bullets to the bullet drop with no issues. I tested the bullet feeder with 6 bullets in it, spun it till it dropped one bullet, then turned it the 1/4 turn per the directions (directions dont say forward or backward, so I kept going down more because thats the only direction I had been turning).... it was dropping singles. When I turned the machine on to continue to feed and i tried to start pressing out ammo.... they all fell out.. every single time... so I left it hooked up, and spun it back a few to where I couldnt get any to drop. Then spun it down slowly until I got it to drop one. Then it dropped one... that one time. Then tried hte next one and it didnt drop at all. Figured not a big deal, I'll just slowly spin till I can get it to drop one. literally turning it like 1/32 of the way around each time... it went from dropping none, to dropping all of them in one 1/32 of a turn...

I can not get it to be consistent.

I'm loading .40 RNFP Xtreme bullets and I was experiencing occasional double drops.  The solution that was recommended to me was to use a rubber band to pull the dropper assembly back down to the die vs. just using the weight of the dropper assembly.  I installed the rubber band and have not had a problem since then, this would probably also work for your issue of dropping them all at once.  I would also look and make sure there were no burrs on the dropper assembly and die interface as well.

Make sure the bearings and clip is in the proper holes for the length of Bullet being used. Also make sure there is no side load on the spring/dropper assembly, and that the dropper moves up and down freely. If all that fails you could use the rubber band or spring to return the dropper to the down position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Isn't Mr BF a $500 item ?

Needs a rubber band to keep it running ?

WOW !!!!

Just like Dillon presses need multiple add ons to optimize them. A 650 shouldn’t need a bearing to keep from slinging powder everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure it has to do with the side pressure the spring puts on the tube. I had one of my cords close to the bullet path spring and as I was loading in more bullets I moved the cord a little and it was touching the bullet path spring. Bullets started to drop by them selves. Moved the cord out of the way and they started feeding one at a time. I do like the spring idea though. Looks like a positive fix.

• 5 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, Bummy425 said:

Use the rubber band...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I know that it's an old post, but I just got my MR Bullet feeder and used the rubber band.  It works.

• 1 year later...

...was having issues setting up a new MBF today too. Found this thread. ...at least Dillon included a couple rubber bands with the press lol 😝

Thanks benos 👍

image0 4.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Adding another inexpensive method to the solution list.  Rubber bands don't last long in our 100 degree Florida garages, and I can't use the spring method since I use the Powder Check Push Rod hole for my endoscope camera. 

I attached a Double Split Shaft Collar with 1" Bore (Amazon link) to add about 3 ounces of weight to the switch section of the MBF dropper assembly.  The brass section doesn't have a the clearance, and I didn't want to obstruct the clear tubing part.  You may find the collar it at a local hardware store but I went with the Amazon choice.  Works perfectly now.

20230502_095407 copy.jpg