Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 trigger reach

phxbenk

First post on here, shoot both a Glock 34 Gen4 and a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow.  Switch off between production and Limited minor USPSA.

If this topic has been beat to death, please just point me to the best thread.

I have always been a die hard Glock fan, have a Gen2 G19 with probably 40-60K through it, replaced worn parts and it's still going. Love my G43 also.

I recently bought a Gen4 34 to compete with and have consistent problems with trigger reach, all shots push left.  Unless I rotate my grip to be significantly less supported I cannot resolve this, and once I adjust my grip my follow up shots are not as consistent. I have tried all of the back straps and am currently using none as to reduce the grip.  I thought it was me making mistakes, anticipating or something, but it only happens with this gun.

I also shoot a CZ and do not have this issue, I am accurate all day if I do my part and have no problem reaching and getting a good center point on the pad of my finger to press the trigger.

I feel kind of stupid, my hands are not tiny and they don't seem like I should have this issue, but it is most definitely there.

I see that others have used aftermarket triggers or grip reductions for similar problems, however I feel this will not be production class legal.  I am looking at probably selling it if I can't find a good solution, and just keep shooting my CZ.

Any suggestions?

Edited by phxbenk

The 34 Gen 4 with no added backstrap has a shorter trigger reach than a 19 Gen 2 so that's interesting you're only having this issue with the 34.  Instead of being a trigger reach issue is it possible you're pushing shots left due to the different trigger feels between your 19 and 34?  After 40k+ through your 19 I'm sure it has a really nice broken in trigger while your 34 is brand new so will feel different.  Just a thought...

29 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

The 34 Gen 4 with no added backstrap has a shorter trigger reach than a 19 Gen 2 so that's interesting you're only having this issue with the 34.  Instead of being a trigger reach issue is it possible you're pushing shots left due to the different trigger feels between your 19 and 34?  After 40k+ through your 19 I'm sure it has a really nice broken in trigger while your 34 is brand new so will feel different.  Just a thought...

I suspect this could be part of it as well.

the 19 trigger is extremely well worn in and could be a different pull. However no way I try to use it, other than adjusting grip, can I get even semi accurate shots out of it.  

Try the 19's trigger in the 34? There were changes to the 4's trigger bar that some people do not like.

Here is a good link 

And the third pinned topic at the top is pretty massive.

14 hours ago, phxbenk said:

That should probably do it, any suggestions?

Will check them out. What one do you suggest?

His triggers are Production legal and I am sure you will enjoy the results. One of his in your gun would be way ahead of where you are and would also solve your reach problem.

10 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

His triggers are Production legal and I am sure you will enjoy the results. One of his in your gun would be way ahead of where you are and would also solve your reach problem.

This is the answer I want to hear.  Thank you very much, will browse through and put in an order.

• 4 weeks later...

I was having the same problem and went with The Edge trigger from glocktriggers.com. It is still production legal but it reduces the pre travel to almost nothing and with the 4lb striker spring gives me a sub 3lb trigger pull. As soon as I installed the Edge I stopped pushing shots.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure it's the reach and not the the fact that the 34 comes stock with a - minus connector. This creates longer break Travel but a shorter reset. So If it's taking longer to break the shot the chance of milking the gun is present and if your already off Target consecutive shots could follow the same trajectory. If you were pulling ONLY on your first shot the reach would be a factor. however unless you're slapping the trigger then it could be reach and the minus connector. I would change to a 5.5 standard Connector and a Gen 3 bar. Gen 2 to 4 is a huge difference in feel not to mention Glock changed t

he bar and housing Again last year in the Gen 4 platform. Glock will call it an upgrade but why would you change something unless there was a reason/problem. The Gen 3 bar had a few changes all for the better. I don't think many people know the exact reason why gen 4 went to the 3600 bar from the 2 dot.

I shoot both a G34 and SP01 Shadow. I switched to the Glock from an M&P and initially had trouble pushing shots left. I don't have that problem with the Shadow. I found that my natural tendency to press the trigger with the center of my finger didn't work for some reason with the Glock. As soon as I started burying my finger in the trigger I stopped pushing left. There is a Pat Mac video on Youtube that discusses finger placement and training, it's worth watching.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 4:14 PM, phxbenk said:

First post on here, shoot both a Glock 34 Gen4 and a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow.  Switch off between production and Limited minor USPSA.

If this topic has been beat to death, please just point me to the best thread.

I have always been a die hard Glock fan, have a Gen2 G19 with probably 40-60K through it, replaced worn parts and it's still going. Love my G43 also.

I recently bought a Gen4 34 to compete with and have consistent problems with trigger reach, all shots push left.  Unless I rotate my grip to be significantly less supported I cannot resolve this, and once I adjust my grip my follow up shots are not as consistent. I have tried all of the back straps and am currently using none as to reduce the grip.  I thought it was me making mistakes, anticipating or something, but it only happens with this gun.

I also shoot a CZ and do not have this issue, I am accurate all day if I do my part and have no problem reaching and getting a good center point on the pad of my finger to press the trigger.

I feel kind of stupid, my hands are not tiny and they don't seem like I should have this issue, but it is most definitely there.

I see that others have used aftermarket triggers or grip reductions for similar problems, however I feel this will not be production class legal.  I am looking at probably selling it if I can't find a good solution, and just keep shooting my CZ.

Any suggestions?

I had a cz shadow 2 for a day and sold it the next day for the same reason.   Really the only thing you can do to be legal is use a factor SP-01 trigger which is more curved and it actually sits back a good bit from the stock shadow 2 trigger which would allow you to get a little more finger on the trigger.  I could have done this but opted to sell mine and shoot a plastic gun again, Glock34.

Cajun gun works makes little kit if you will that will dramatically change where the trigger sits but using the bottom set screw it is visible and will not be production legal, they even state it under the part. 

Loved the CZ but I think that is a major flaw in the design,  I by no means have baby hands either, but my fingers are not 4.25 inches long either.