Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lefty - new to OPen

frankge

Hi all,

Did the usual search. About to buy a right-handed Grandmaster that has a setup for a righty with the racker and *thumb rest [generic]*. Looking to hear from the other south paws on the best setup to get a pedal on the "right" side. Also, do they made that much a difference? never used one on my Brazos limited gun.

I know a bunch of right handed shooters that have the slide racker on the right side so they don't have to remove it to take the slide off.  Certainly wouldn't be an issue on the right side.

I like my thumbrest.  If you switch often between your Open gun that does have one and other Divisions that don't, it does take a while to re-learn to get a good weak hand grip.

Double Alpha has worked well enough for me.  I ended up hacking on it a bit to get it to go more vertical and had to file down the slide stop so I could get the thumb rest flat against the frame.  No issues now other than having to use a punch to get the slide stop off.  It ain't pretty but it shoots well enough.

20170422_001011.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so still searching for lefty thumb rests. My buddy Art J. is going to put it on for me. So far all I see offered is the DAA adjustable and the RHT... am I missing any? No custom stuff please my machining skills are limited to a dremel!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I second the DAA. I like the ability to change the angle of the thumb rest. Also I have big hands so I use the wider pedal; again another plus.

As far a racker goes, I go with out.

3 hours ago, schaet said:

I second the DAA. I like the ability to change the angle of the thumb rest. Also I have big hands so I use the wider pedal; again another plus.

As far a racker goes, I go with out.

You should help a fellow local MA business, Evil Hand...

Put the racker on the right or leave it off - by the time you reach up and over the gun to reach a left side racker, you could just pinch rack it. With a small mount for DPP/DD/Venom/etc or a vertical C-More mount, pinch racking is a breeze. It's only the horizontal full slide ride mount that really needs a racker.

I tried using a lefty thumb rest for a while. My splits did not improve. It also made transitioning to a "normal" gun feel weird. So I ditched it. YMMV