Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody shooting 115's

rooster

I've been using Berry's 115gr plated RNs exclusively for my .38 SC. They shoot straight and consistent. Feed flawlessly And no leading.

I do have some 95gr JFPs that I fooled with for a while. Lower recoil but the accuracy suffered with the pressures needed to run them.

I loaded up some of the 115 PDHP, with 4 grains Titegroup at 1.100, and shot my first match with them yesterday.  They were snappy but no big deal.  I had some really nice hits, groupings were very nice, didn't miss any steel.  I haven't chronoed yet,  I think I can go up to 4.4 grains.  I got some wsf to try but haven't loaded any yet.  Been lurking over at a bullseye site and for accuracy 115's seems to be the way to go, but you have to push it fast.  These guys are grouping 1.5 inches at 50 yards.  I would like to get that at 25, I'd even settle for 2 inches.  I'm shooting a g34, and I've tried a lot of different variations and can't seem to get below 3,3.5 inches.  I don't see too good anymore so I do most of my testing at 10 to 15 yds and I'm about 2 inches but out at 20 to 25 they really open up.