Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Working on a Glock after years away from them. Trigger setup questions.

Patrick Scott

Hello all.
Its been a long time since I have done any Glock tinkering and would like some critique on my planned trigger/action setup for a 80% frame range toy I'm working on. Not looking for super racy, needs to be safe and relatively reliable.  For reference I am capable of polishing stock parts and installing any components. When I shot Glocks in Production I ran the Glocktriggers.com Vogel kit and liked that, but Id like to keep with the 80% theme and do as much work myself as possible. This project does not need to meet any competition rule requirements. 

I'm planning on starting with factory stock Glock internals, adding a Ghost connector(liking the looks of the PRO 3.3), 6lb trigger spring, and polishing.

I will buy and install striker springs as I feel necessary for popping primers 

I would like to add a fancy flat aluminum trigger shoe, which ones do you recommend?

Strikers... what are the good ones/does it matter?
Firing pin safety plunger and spring recommendations? 

Am I leaving anything out?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Patrick Scott said:

Hello all.
Its been a long time since I have done any Glock tinkering and would like some critique on my planned trigger/action setup for a 80% frame range toy I'm working on. Not looking for super racy, needs to be safe and relatively reliable.  For reference I am capable of polishing stock parts and installing any components. When I shot Glocks in Production I ran the Glocktriggers.com Vogel kit and liked that, but Id like to keep with the 80% theme and do as much work myself as possible. This project does not need to meet any competition rule requirements. 

I'm planning on starting with factory stock Glock internals, adding a Ghost connector(liking the looks of the PRO 3.3), 6lb trigger spring, and polishing.

I will buy and install striker springs as I feel necessary for popping primers 

I would like to add a fancy flat aluminum trigger shoe, which ones do you recommend?

Strikers... what are the good ones/does it matter?
Firing pin safety plunger and spring recommendations? 

Am I leaving anything out?

Thanks

OEM Glock minus connector.

4.5# Wolff firing pin spring.

OEM firing pin polished.

Polish firing pin safety.

Avoid the 6# trigger spring if it is a Gen 4, May cause trigger reset issues.

Federal ammunition is easy to ignite with lightweight firing pin springs.

What JPB55 said.  Except if you like a smooth rolling break try a TTI connector.  For a striker I've had good luck with the IDP, then if you want you can run the 4 lb striker spring with any primer.  This combo should get you into the 2.5-3lb range.

In the slide I have the zev striker, 2lb spring, and safety plunger spring in mine with a polished up plunger. Its been flawless so far with maybe 2-3k rounds. The bottom end is just polished with a glock minus connector. It averages out to 3lbs exactly like this.

2 hours ago, BRadcliffe said:

In the slide I have the zev striker, 2lb spring, and safety plunger spring in mine with a polished up plunger. Its been flawless so far with maybe 2-3k rounds. The bottom end is just polished with a glock minus connector. It averages out to 3lbs exactly like this. spring.

Your firing pin spring is actually a 4# spring.

23 hours ago, BRadcliffe said:

Right, but Zev calls it 2lb. I'm not sure why, I would just be guessing using their whole kit the trigger pull is supposed to be 2lbs?

That is the correct answer according to Zev.

Thank guys.

So far I have an OEM Gen 3 parts kit coming with a OEM 5.5# connector and a Ghost Ultimate 3.5# connector, I think somewhere I have a OEM 3.5# connector. Also coming is a 6# trigger spring and IDP trigger shoe just for fun.  I think I should be able to find a combo of these parts that is to my liking after some polishing. 

As far as the top end, right now I am thinking of going with a polished factory striker safety and an IDP or polished OEM striker with a 4.5# striker spring. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, Patrick Scott said:

Thank guys.

So far I have an OEM Gen 3 parts kit coming with a OEM 5.5# connector and a Ghost Ultimate 3.5# connector, I think somewhere I have a OEM 3.5# connector. Also coming is a 6# trigger spring and IDP trigger shoe just for fun.  I think I should be able to find a combo of these parts that is to my liking after some polishing. 

As far as the top end, right now I am thinking of going with a polished factory striker safety and an IDP or polished OEM striker with a 4.5# striker spring. 

Those so called 3.5# connectors  are actually 4.5# which lower the trigger pull weight by approximately 16oz.