Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VZ Grips / STI Trojan

jschweg

For those with Trojans, what is the proper size for VZ Grips? Standard or Thin?

I was told that the Trojan uses thin grips, however the thin VZ's that I just got don't seem to fit correctly. The screws don't run in flush and the grip panel is loose. They also seem smaller than the stock wood grips, so I'm guessing they are in fact standard grips?

Can someone confirm for me so I can possibly exchange them?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Slim grips = slim bushings. My 2 Trojans both got standard VZ grips with the factory bushings.

Perfect. Then I will exchange the slim grips with standards and I should be good to go.

• 4 weeks later...
This is good news. I didn't think the gun was going to be under 43oz.

Well I have bad news maybe. That is a 9mm Trojan and it was over weight with a flgr. It has a steel Ed Brown msh and well. I put a Wilson plug and GI rod in to get to that weight. The 9mm is tight on weight!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I have bad news maybe. That is a 9mm Trojan and it was over weight with a flgr. It has a steel Ed Brown msh and well. I put a Wilson plug and GI rod in to get to that weight. The 9mm is tight on weight!

Yeah, mine is a 9 as well with the steel S&A msh and well. Guess I'll have to do something with the guide rod.

Weigh it and see. I bet it's 44 oz. They seem a bit variable in weight too. My buddy has an aluminum Dawson mag well and GI rod and he is right at the limit.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, f2benny said:

I was just about to question the weight when I saw your post. My Dawson 9mm went overweight when I swapped grips