Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom 4" 986

Outfitter

Hi Benoverse!

I am a long time lurker/browser, this is the first thing I really felt I could share and generate some interest.

I loved the idea of a moonclipped 9mm revolver, but I have never been fond of the slab sides and I really wanted a 4" gun to match my 646,686 & 625.  After purchasing a used 686 barrel I had my gunsmith fit it up.  He beadblasted the barrel and it matches the titanium cylinder very well.  If only it didn't say 357 on the barrel.  A fantastic trigger job that is 100% with Federal primers finished it off.  It has quickly become my favorite revolver to shoot.  Still having some difficulty remembering to count to 7.

Currently shooting cast and coated 147 gr RN sized to .357 or .358.  Accuracy has been very good, jacketed bullets in .355 seem to suffer a little, but the cast are shooting very well.

Heading to the range today for a little more trigger time and playing with a couple of new loads.

Custom986.jpg

custom986-2.jpg

PM me when you are ready. We'll get you taken care of. The rear sight looks like it's almost at the top limit, you may want a shorter front if it's sighted in now.

Edited by Toolguy

• 3 weeks later...

It is a local gunsmith here in MT, he doesn't like me to give his name out.   He is very good with Sigs, 19911's and most of all Smith revolvers.  His collection is amazing and if S&W didn't build the configuration he liked, he just made it himself.  He doesn't look for work and only does projects that interest him now.  If you are ever in Livingston, MT I could introduce you.

Next step is getting Toolsguy's front sight on it.  I have been too busy last couple of weeks.  Fishing season is starting!

• 3 months later...