Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Right Carbine Replacement Trigger

I've tried the CMC in my JR Carbine. It was a no-go, so don't waste time or money on that one. 

Right now I'm using the factory trigger with some yellow JP springs installed. No issues for a couple thousand rounds probably. 

I did have to put in some anti-walk trigger pins within the first thousand rounds that I owned the rifle because the factory ones loosened up and kept walking out. 

Edited by gdcguns

The 24C will work in the JRC...and it works very well.   Mount the trigger as usual, and place the lower receiver on the upper receiver; don't screw it together.   The lower will "rock" back and forth on the upper because the 24C protrudes about 1/16 inch.   Mark the upper and relieve it just enough so the trigger functions with the upper and lower attached.   The lower will cover any relief cuts you make (both sides)...if you don't over do it (there is a lot of material, just take it easy).   Also, I believe Odin makes a red mag drop that goes great with the 24C (find UFO's JRC in another thread for a picture).   Paul

On 4/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, sx2gl35 said:

The 24C will work in the JRC...and it works very well.   Mount the trigger as usual, and place the lower receiver on the upper receiver; don't screw it together.   The lower will "rock" back and forth on the upper because the 24C protrudes about 1/16 inch.   Mark the upper and relieve it just enough so the trigger functions with the upper and lower attached.   The lower will cover any relief cuts you make (both sides)...if you don't over do it (there is a lot of material, just take it easy).   Also, I believe Odin makes a red mag drop that goes great with the 24C (find UFO's JRC in another thread for a picture).   Paul

I followed sx2gl35"s advise and was able to install the trigger.  However, it will not reset and takes considerable force to pull back the bolt after firing.  Any suggestions?

• 2 years later...

I tried the JP springs in my JR carbine rifle. I also put in KM tactical's flat trigger. I left all the rifle's guts the same, I just replaced the springs and physical trigger.. I have been having issues with the rifle randomly bump firing. RO's look at you strangely when your rifle goes boom boom instead of just a single boom at a match. I'm going to put in a Hiperfire trigger today. I've always had good luck with their stuff.