Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics holster

benchmstr

2 minutes ago, terrydoc said:

What reason are you conflicted? Just brands?

just seems like too many companies are selling stuff really similar to each other. also, since carry optics is pretty new I don't know what people are using.

the bench

13 hours ago, benchmstr said:

just seems like too many companies are selling stuff really similar to each other. also, since carry optics is pretty new I don't know what people are using.

the bench

I have a bladetech with boss hanger for my cz production setup and I am using the same thing as I had a slide milled for carry optics.

I don't shoot CO as I'm an IPSC guy and at this point we don't have the Division ( or may never) but I think as someone said earlier any of the Production holsters will fit the bill.

The most popular would more than likely be the Bladetech and these day's you will see a lot with a hanger other than the DOH that comes from Bladetech. I use the Boss hanger on my Classic div holsters and they work as advertised.  

After seeing someone get DQ'ed when their rifle sling caught the butt of their pistol and lifted it up and out of the holster, I went out and got a Safariland ALS holster for my 3-gun pistol. I like having the retention and the added delay for depressing the button is negligible. Only about .2 seconds. It certainly won't make a difference in my rankings ;)

Edited by ClangClang

6 hours ago, ClangClang said:

After seeing someone get DQ'ed when their rifle sling caught the butt of their pistol and lifted it up and out of the holster, I went out and got a Safariland ALS holster for my 3-gun pistol. I like having the retention and the added delay for depressing the button is negligible. Only about .2 seconds. It certainly won't make a difference in my rankings ;)

I carry a 6360 als on duty, and would love to use one...but won't clear the optics

the bench

22 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

Safariland has just released a whole new line of optic-compatible holsters. There are also a variety of other similar ones that will likely work as long as you're using a common (i.e. Glock) platform.

Yes, but I am not using a trijicon. All of safarilands stuff is geared towards the rmr and doesn't guarantee it will fit other mini red dots. 

The window on the trijicon is too small for my liking.

the bench

20 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

Most safariland stuff is actually geared toward the old line of Docter optics. And often need a little bit of opening with a Dremel and a sanding drum anyway.

What gun/optic do you have? You might have some options

Glock 17, with milled burris fastfire 3..(carver is about to melt it in)..and suppressor sights because I still carry it on occasion. No weapon light.

i am used to having to work on a safariland. I only use fiber optic sights, even on a duty gun..so I'm used to having to cut my clearance. I am concerned I would have to remove too much for suppressor sights, rendering the locking mechanism useless

the bench

• 3 weeks later...