Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best prices on Poly coated

Solvability

i like blue bullets also

i recently  tried  Tougher-N-Nails Targets and Bullets, he is a forum sponsor!  his bullets come in a bit less expensive!!!!   

i'm now using a non grooved 130gr  9mm that is shooting very well im on my second thousand about to make a med flat rate box purchase.... fast shipping and great customer service

he is faster to respond on via face book  https://www.facebook.com/tntargets/

^^^ I too am using his bullets. I just started using them and they are my first experience with Hi-tek coated bullets.

I have to adjust my foes from my played bullets so my first experiences weren't that great lol. I was stripping coating like cray. Going to adjust the bell and back the crimp out until it's barely touching and try again.

I am loading the 147's with N320.

Also he is local to me so I can just meet him to pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily cheaper but there is also Missouri Bullets. Does anyone have any feedback on particular brands to avoid for quality/consistency/performance? I'm guessing in the quest for low cost that some are cutting corners somewhere.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:38 AM, B_RAD said:

Not sure if that makes the cheaper than blues but it'll help if you want to order some of those. 

You made me do the math.  In case quantities, with the discount codes mentioned in this thread, for 124/125gr round nose, Acme wins by a (small) fractional cent per bullet (Other sizes/profiles may have different math, but I bet pricing is closely competitive in most cases):

Acme: $189.50/3000 bullets = $0.06316666/bullet

Blue: $229.90/3600 bullets = $0.063861111/bullet

41 minutes ago, olstyn said:

You made me do the math.  In case quantities, with the discount codes mentioned in this thread, for 124/125gr round nose, Acme wins by a (small) fractional cent per bullet (Other sizes/profiles may have different math, but I bet pricing is closely competitive in most cases):

Acme: $189.50/3000 bullets = $0.06316666/bullet

Blue: $229.90/3600 bullets = $0.063861111/bullet

Sweet. 

also, I believe all the manufacturers offer a bulk discount. 

I just ordered some 125 gr 9mm From Blue bullets. If you order over 10k you get a 10% discount.  It comes out to right at $60/1000 with free shipping. I never used them before.  I hope they are as good as everyone says. For 10% off the code is 10to50.

Edited by Yoder

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 0:51 PM, jcoeng said:

Not necessarily cheaper but there is also Missouri Bullets. Does anyone have any feedback on particular brands to avoid for quality/consistency/performance? I'm guessing in the quest for low cost that some are cutting corners somewhere.

I liked the Misso bull groove less 124 9mm's, but they ceased production for some reason.

I ran out of the groove less, so I bought a bulk pak of the grooved, but they leave some buildup on the feed ramps of my cz P09's.

I think I'm going to try some SNS after I run out of the Misso bull's.

12 hours ago, Yoder said:

I just ordered some 125 gr 9mm From Blue bullets. If you order over 10k you get a 10% discount.  It comes out to right at $60/1000 with free shipping. I never used them before.  I hope they are as good as everyone says. For 10% off the code is 10to50.

Is the "poly" coating on the blue bullets the same Hi-Tek coating found on Acme and Bayou bullets or something else?   Is it as clean?