Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Conversion Barrel

apetrulis01

Basically I am getting a Glock 35 totally done up by Overwatch Precision. I want to get a 9mm barrel to shoot 3 gun with it as well. What are the better conversion barrels out there. I here Lone Wolf isn't as good because they have tight chambers which don't like reloads all that much.

Thanks,

Adam

Lone Wolf's are tight but if you order the barrel from them you can request the "GT Hole" and it will come with a standard sized chamber. I have had many of these done and they did not charge any extra for this service. Once reamed they are just as good as any drop in barrel.

I have had great luck with KKM. When I switched over to a .401 Bullet , the throat and chamber was a little tight. I sent them a couple rounds with the barrel and in a couple of weeks they throated my barrel and returned it to me for free. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Alpha Wolf conversion barrel from LWD yesterday for my g35, with factory 9mm I have laying around the chamber doesn't seem tight. Quality seems ok, won't know about the fit/lockup till Tuesday after I pick the g35 up. 

I don't have any coated bullets to see if the barrel throat is short or not for long loading (not that I plan to load long). Somewhat same plan as the OP here, run my g35 w/ 9mm for local outlaw 3gun matches and steel shoots to save component costs and make reloading sessions easier

Also: on the LWD site for the Alpha wolf barrels they note that they will not do any chamber mods to them due to the coating on the barrels. I should have asked about the GT hole but forgot to when I ordered. 

Edited by Wolfmetalfab

I have one of the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrels in my G22. The thing is my carry gun, and I haven't had a single issue beyond the gun locking up temporarily after the very first shot. Guess there was a burr or something that had to be knocked down. 

It does not accommodate extremely long loads, but I was able to comfortably load 124gr RN to 1.13". The Lone Wolf barrel I use in my 9mm major Glock had the same chamber, and I had the throat cut to accommodate loads out to 1.16" (mag length). All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with Lone Wolf's products. 

16 hours ago, Steven420 said:

Lone wolf barrels are junk. Go with Wilson Combat, BarSto, KKM, ZEV, Storm Lake. In that order. 

Wilson Combat Barrels are Junk.  It had LESS lockup than Stock,  It measured way out of Spec. I had to send it back for their

product guy to confirm, then they only credited me back the barrel not the shipping..  Stay Away from Wilson Combat. 

Go with KKM all the way,  plus The Army Marksmanship Team used to get their Barrels from KKM.

Edited by bigtimelarry