Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Blake Drill

Onepocket

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 6:20 PM, Onepocket said:

Anyone have a video with a 7 yard blake drill with .15 transitions I would love to see what that looks and sounds like. All Alphas.

I can do that minus the repeatable A's. Not sure of the exact distance on the Blake drill but my speed runs on el prez and .13-.16 transitions. They are all on paper though, can't do it all A's. 

Blake drill as I know it is a Bill drill (6 shots) across a three target array, spaced about a yard apart. Goal is to have splits across the transitions from T1 to T2 to T3 be the same as the splits from shot to shot on the Bill drill. Work fast transitions a cross an array.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Onepocket said:

Its not the splits,  its the .15 transitions that would be impossible to me.

Impossible is a damn strong word. Very difficult? Yes. Impossible? Hell no. Back when I first started shooting I thought 1 second reloads were impossible. Since then the fastest reload I've recorded in live fire is quite a bit faster than 1 second.. Impossible, within the realm of reason, is just something you create in your head.

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, rougeqc21 said:

Are you coming to a full stop on each target with such low split times or moving continuously? 

At 7yd, I’m basically pulling trigger as fast as I can and moving gun to next target as fast as I can. If you are waiting for gun to stop, you’re doing it to slow. As soon as second shot lifts, drive gun to next target. 

I suppose the nuance of the question is, during the press, are your sights in motion? I infer the answer to that is yes, just want to make sure I am practicing this properly if the timing of your swing is a component of the drill as well.

I suppose the nuance of the question is, during the press, are your sights in motion? I infer the answer to that is yes, just want to make sure I am practicing this properly if the timing of your swing is a component of the drill as well.
In my experience all speed shooting involves moving sights as you are making the decision to pull the trigger about .1 to .2 before it happens. So what I have found doing bill drills or any other fast split or transition shooting, is you decide to do it then watch and verify that what you expected to happen happend and make any corrections you can along the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, rougeqc21 said:

The gun is pretty much in motion the whole time. I’m just trying to call to As and then move to next target while pulling trigger as fast as I can. I’m not stopping the gun and getting it perfectly lined up in middle of A zone. I did this last week, splits and transition were between .15 - .20

6 hours ago, HoMiE said:

The gun is pretty much in motion the whole time. I’m just trying to call to As and then move to next target while pulling trigger as fast as I can. I’m not stopping the gun and getting it perfectly lined up in middle of A zone. I did this last week, splits and transition were between .15 - .20

WOW !!!!     That's Rob Leatham type speed    :surprise:

• 2 months later...