Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock Question

Broski

As some of you know I am green as grass to this sport and for the most part guns in general. I was doing some dry fire the other night with my Open G17, and I noticed when I rack the slide the comp moves bacj with the slide a little at the very start of the slide movement. Also it doesn't look like the comp is 100% square with the slide when fully in battery. I will take some better photos when I get home tonight, but below is the gun in question. Is this normal or is it something I should be concerned about?20170401_174617.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Not something to be worried about.

When you rack the slide the barrel also moves backwards a little, as it drops a smidge to clear the slide to pass over it. This will make the comp appear to move with the slide for the first 1/8th of an inch or so.

As for the fit, it's a threaded on mass produced Carver comp on an unknown but probably also mass produced drop in unfitted barrel in a factory slide. A perfect no-gap seam between comp and slide is expecting too much.

Edited by JimmyBob

I have an SJC G17 that I just re- loctited my comp because it had clocked to the right. Try as I might, I couldn't get it exactly straight. Not to worry about that. It previously worked worked fine, but it kept creeping farther. We'll see how the new loctite holds!

When I ran a 34 I didn't trust loctite only. I drilled and tapped a small hole in the bottom and used a set screw also. Barrel was a Lone Wolf with a small section on bottom machined flat to accept the screw. Comp was a SJC 11 port. I used blue loctite to make dissassembly easier and with the screw in place the index never moved.