Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets talk P320 USPSA Hangers and Holsters

Sig0431

When I decided to run the P320 for the first time in limited division I reached out to Max Michel for advise on a holster and hanger since at this time the P320 was still new and there was not much on the market. He recommended the DAA PDR Pro which I quickly ordered and have been running for 2 years now. Do I regret this purchase... nope, am I ready to move on YUP. Really it is just the hanger I can no longer stand, after 2 years of use and abuse I have issues with the rig coming loose.

So I have been looking around mostly for new hanger options and some holsters as well. I know many shooters love the Boss Style hangers which can also be purchased from companies like RHT and Springer Precision. Would like to hear from those using these if they have any reservations with this style hanger. I have always went in other directions as I like having the ability to adjust the holster higher and lower.

Another popular choice is the Race master which I have been told time and time again to consider. Have you ever seen a piece of gear that you know is awesome but is way beyond your current skill level? Well that is why I never pull the trigger, just do not feel like I am at the Race Master holster level yet. I have also never seen anyone run this holster with the P320 but they do offer the insert for it.

A friend of mine sent me a link to the Safariland USPSA Hanger It seems to offer all adjustments I look for but with a steep price! Any other popular hangers that I am missing?

For holsters I will most likely just cut down the forward facing holster profile to aid in a quicker draw (see below example) I saw this Blade Tech Holster but I cant help but feel like weapon retention is just not there when doing things like picking up brass, digging in my range bag etc. I have seen a few custom kydex holster from companies so I may go that route. If you know of any good "mom and pop" holster fabricators let me know. I would rather give my cash to someone that takes pride in their work and actually talks to the customer rather than ordering from a website.

Holster.jpg.51209c522b30465fad79cd221d36f04e.jpg

Look up Matt Lee on Facebook, I've used his hangers for a while now. No screws have came loose and it's very solid, for a great price too. Easily production legal. Holster it seems red Hill tactical is a favorite for many. That'll be my next holster 68e442289e0b44c545af0af953f25948.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I'll give you my set up as it pertains to a lot of things you mentioned.

I ran a Glock 35 in limited. Ended up getting that race concept holster from Bladetech. I thought the same, that it might fall out. I got some thumb screws from Stoeger along with his Boss hangar.

1a89da02e384270ee4868a8b7b0c22b3.jpg

I would loosen it when I got to the line during make ready and tighten it when I holstered. I thought it was too much.

I got the P320 and did not get the same holster. I wanted to be able to go back and forth, if I wanted, from Limited to Production. So I transferred the Boss hangar over to a standard Bladetech.

9c986305432ff49f00ea2190efb0da33.jpg

My future plans will be with RHT when I'm ready for something different.

1 hour ago, DKnoch said:

Look up Matt Lee on Facebook, I've used his hangers for a while now. No screws have came loose and it's very solid, for a great price too. Easily production legal. Holster it seems red Hill tactical is a favorite for many. That'll be my next holster 68e442289e0b44c545af0af953f25948.jpg

Thanks for the lead. I attempted to look up his name on FB and needless to say there are 1000's of people with that name so I have not been able to find him. If you don't want to post a link to his profile on here, can you PM me with it?

I pmed you Sig. I didn't want to post it here without his permission. I think he might be on Enos, but I'm not positive. I can't rave enough about it, especially considering the price point. You can get them in colors now, when I got mine it wasn't an option yet, but I am thrilled with it. My 320 holster is a bladetech carbon fiber print owb. It's cool and works well, but RHT double layer owb is similar price and is a bit better from what I've heard

1 minute ago, DKnoch said:

I pmed you Sig. I didn't want to post it here without his permission. I think he might be on Enos, but I'm not positive. I can't rave enough about it, especially considering the price point. You can get them in colors now, when I got mine it wasn't an option yet, but I am thrilled with it. My 320 holster is a bladetech carbon fiber print owb. It's cool and works well, but RHT double layer owb is similar price and is a bit better from what I've heard

Thanks. I will message him and keep this as an option once I hear of others as to their thoughts on this stuff.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:21 PM, DKnoch said:

My 320 holster is a bladetech carbon fiber print owb. It's cool and works well, but RHT double layer owb is similar price and is a bit better from what I've heard.

I've run three comp tacs, two blade techs, and now a double-layer body from @Kingman at Red Hill Tactical. 

Cannot recommend that holster body highly enough. There wasn't as much of an increase in rigidity as I found switching from Bladetech's drop hanger to the BOSS, but it's still very noticeable.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Sig0431 said:

Thanks for the lead. I attempted to look up his name on FB and needless to say there are 1000's of people with that name so I have not been able to find him. If you don't want to post a link to his profile on here, can you PM me with it?

@aandabooks 

This is Matt Lee here on the forums.  Great guy to deal with and excellent craftsmanship.  A lot of people at my local club use his hangers.

1 hour ago, BASE772 said:

So the Red Hill Tactical holster will fit the Boss Hanger correct?

If you request it, yes. Doesn't cost extra. Just add "drill for BOSS hanger" in your order's notes.

Holstee body was under $60 and well worth it.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

There wasn't as much of an increase in rigidity as I found switching from Bladetech's drop hanger to the BOSS, but it's still very noticeable.

Are you recommending the BOSS over the Bladetech here or are you referring to the rigidity of the RHT double layer holster body?

The BOSS hanger is to be a dozen times preferred over the floppy plastic Blade-Tech DOH.

I was saying that

1) the BOSS is an incredible improvement over the BT hanger.

2) The RHT double thick holster body is stiffer than a normal body. Not a total overhaul in rock-solid feellike a BOSS hanger is... but still a definite improvement.

7 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The BOSS hanger is to be a dozen times preferred over the floppy plastic Blade-Tech DOH.

I was saying that

1) the BOSS is an incredible improvement over the BT hanger.

2) The RHT double thick holster body is stiffer than a normal body. Not a total overhaul in feel like a BOSS hanger is, but still a definite improvement.

That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. I am a Marine so comprehension it not my strong suit at times haha. Thanks as always for your insight and advice.

Edited by Sig0431

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought an RHT holster and hangar for my X5.  The only downside I'm seeing right now is that the sharp edges are digging out channels on the inner layer, and making shavings all over my gun.  This will subside, for sure, but is a little odd as my gun seems to be dripping red as it is scraping off my red inner kydex.

• 1 month later...

Send me pm to who’s matt lee is. Thanks bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk