Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How are Faxon Gunner barrels

apetrulis01

I built a 14.5" for my oldest son. Never shot it for groups with a magnified optic but it often put 3 shots in 1/2" at 50 yards with my hoser 55gr loads when zeroing a red dot. Had some extraction issues, contacted Faxon after I dicked with it some, they had me send it back.  They said it was a tight chamber and had a new barrel at my door a few days later, so CS is good. The new barrel shoots the same as the first one.

35 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

I have an 18" rifle length Gunner.

I do love it. The weight distribution is sweet and it swings really nicely. It's as accurate as the ammo I put through it.

Pretty hard to beat for the money.

Speaking of hard to beat for the money. We are running a deal over at aerospace arms on all faxon barrels right now thats crazy cheap.

A 16in gunner is $127 right now. Faxon has a promotional thing going on for the rest of the month so the prices are really good right now.

8 minutes ago, thompsoncustom said:

Speaking of hard to beat for the money. We are running a deal over at aerospace arms on all faxon barrels right now thats crazy cheap.

A 16in gunner is $127 right now. Faxon has a promotional thing going on for the rest of the month so the prices are really good right now.

Wow. That's an amazing deal!

I had read a good bit on the Net about these barrels, then stopped by their booth at SHOT; talked to Nathan and Patrick(great guys), that settled it I had to have one.

I bought one of the 18" Gunner barrels to replace a 18" JP that the throat was gone in and have been quite pleased with it. I mounted a L&S MK4 4.5X14 on it. When I first got it I shot groups at 100 with MK262, factory Hornady 75gr BTHP( both shot about an 1") and my handholds with Hornady 75gr BTHP(just under an inch). I then let it completely cool, shot a 5 round group with my handloads(just under an inch), shot a 30 round field course, then another 5 round group. Second group opened up to about 1.25" and had a shift of about .6" to the 6 o'clock.

I don't shoot 3 gun anymore but think that this barrel would do just fine. I love the way the gun handles with the barrel and the price was good. I am looking at there 18" heavy fluted to build another upper for shooting varmints around the farm.

YMMV but I am happy with what I got from them.