Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replacement Screws for the Leupold Deltapoint Pro

Nemesis Lead

I have heard many people complain about the poor quality of the OEM screws on the Leupold Deltapoint Pro (which is otherwise an excellent optic).

My question is....what aftermarket screws are people using as a replacement for the M4x.7x15.8mm screws?

Please send a link if possible so that I can buy them.

Many thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, 357SIG said:

You should try McMaster-Carr 

Thank you.  This is a great site.  Which screw would you recommend?  There are a lot of types in the M4x.7x15.8mm category.  Zinc, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, etc.

Some of the ones with the highest tensile strength (not certain I truly understand what that is) also say that they are "not recommended for high strength fastening."

What will best stand up to repeated recoil?

Black-Oxide Class 10.9 Alloy Steel
M4 × 0.7 mm
16 Fully Threaded 8 2.3 2.5 120,000 DIN 7991, ISO 10642 100 91294A194

$5.55

IMO these should work, as far as the strength goes but they are still a small screw...lol. 

Or make your own if you can't find "exactly" what you need.

I had a couple screws strip out on a bipod mount on the bottom of a rail on my 18" AR15.  I went to Lowes, bought some of the same thread (Lowe's has displays at their hardware section where you can try different nuts with your screw to figure out the thread size/pitch) screws and then used the drill and file to reshape the screw head.

When installed, you can't even see the shiny part where metal was removed from the original screw head.

IMG_02151_zpseiurmeoz.jpg

A couple weeks later I found the exact size/shape screws on line and ordered a couple packs to put away.  The ones I made are still on the rifle.