Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets 120 Gr TC Ransom Rest Test In Accushadow

Darrell

I ran some test of Bayou Bullets new 120 Gr Truncated Cone bullet with BA 9.5, N320, and Tightgroup powders. These test were done in my Accu-shadow from my Ransom Rest and is the average of 3 five shot groups at 25 yards. Also included is the test of 124 Bayou TC's and Precision Delta 124 JHP with BA 9.5 powder. 

041717 Bayou 120 Test.pdf

Thanks for the info. 

N320 doesn't seem to really be as accurate as the other two. I noticed that when I shot it. 

TG has the best group but BA 9.5 looks to have the better average?

Edited by B_RAD

17 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like the PD 124 gr JHP is very accurate    :)

I'm thinking of buying a whole lot of them - thanks for the info.    :bow:

Beat you to it. Just ordered 200 at lunch. 

Gonna try some with Prima V, TG, 320

Anybody ever run 357 sig jhp? I tried a sample pack of 10  125gr jhp from montanagold one time (freebie grab at a match) so I loaded them up along with 124 jhp MG and shot them off a bag at about 40 yards back to back. The difference in accuracy between those two with the load I was trying was considerable but I don't know if it was that particular bullet that made the diff or what it was. I don't know what makes a bullet a 357 sig because Montana gold are still 355/356 diameter. The shape of them looks very similar to Everglades rounded jhp too. I'm tempted to try the Everglades jhp or a case of Montana gold 357sig 125g jhp, but I keep convincing myself to refrain from tinkering with loads and just stick to the plan of practice practice practice... the struggle

edit. I meant to post this in another thread but I'll leave it. 

Edited by Shmella

9 hours ago, Shmella said:

The difference in accuracy between those two with the load I was trying was considerable

You're saying that the .357 sig JHP was much More Accurate than the MG 124 gr JHP?

Do you recall any specific group sizes, at 40 yards?

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

You're saying that the .357 sig JHP was much More Accurate than the MG 124 gr JHP?

Do you recall any specific group sizes, at 40 yards?

Yup thats what my limited 10 round test yielded. It could have been a number of things that affected the group sizes since it was so small of a test but it did stand out to me. I dont really know why that bullet shape is labeled 357sig on MG website. Maybe to hit  the very small market of people looking to reload for 357 sig and think they need a special bullet? I dont know. But the shape of that bullet is definitely different than their 9mm 124gr JHP

1 minute ago, Dwbsig said:

Thanks for posting your data have not seen bayou bullets listing that bullet yet do you know when they are going to put them on there sight?

Give Dennis a call, they had a bunch when I went there Friday. I sent him the PDF today too. Will have to get some more and test with WSF and Power Pistol.

11 hours ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Nice testing and documentation. Might I ask the lengths on those bullets you tested? Pretty short OAL.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

26.1mm OAL, 1.030 inches

<Beat you to it. Just ordered 200 at lunch

That's not a lot. Need to order 2000 or more.

Be nice to repeat the test and see if the second target is close to the same group size as the first.

The bullet profile seems similar to the Acme 122 gr Flat Point bullet. I shot about 7000 of the older Bayou 124 gr TC bullets. That was my go-to bullet, but the last case I received, you could see and feel prominent ridges where the bullet mold didn't come quite together right. The ridges/mold lines on the bullets made them unable to plunk and spin in several of my guns. Looks like Bayou replaced those old molds.