Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Triggers

I have a elfman trigger in my mpx and it works great.trigger pull is 2# and reset is short. Had geissle trigger at first they said it would work but they later told us to take them out because mpx would eat up the disconnecter . Would not take back and replace it with one that would work. So I bought the elfman it works and is fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dfox said:

I have a elfman trigger in my mpx and it works great.trigger pull is 2# and reset is short. Had geissle trigger at first they said it would work but they later told us to take them out because mpx would eat up the disconnecter . Would not take back and replace it with one that would work. So I bought the elfman it works and is fast.

I have seen pictures of at least one Elfmann (3gun I think) whose hammer broke in half while someone was shooting a major match with the MPX. The .308 hammer is supposed to be a bit better but I would avoid the Elfmann because of that. 

For those running Hiperfire, the recommendation from Hiperfire is to use the heavy springs (producing the lightest trigger pull) as they will slow down the hammer more, hypothetically reducing damage. 

I am using an Geissele trigger in my MPX.  I remember them saying it was compatible at first.  Am I just making that up in my head?  No where near 2000 rounds in it but I'm going to inspect the firing pin hole and the trigger assembly itself.

Edited by Thaunk
59 minutes ago, Thaunk said:

I am using an Geissele trigger in my MPX.  I remember them saying it was compatible at first.  Am I just making that up in my head?  No where near 2000 rounds in it but I'm going to inspect the firing pin hole and the trigger assembly itself.

They said that but backed off once they started failing. The website clearly now  states that it's not for use in MPX/MCX and something specific  is on the way. 

I have seen pictures of at least one Elfmann (3gun I think) whose hammer broke in half while someone was shooting a major match with the MPX. The .308 hammer is supposed to be a bit better but I would avoid the Elfmann because of that. 
For those running Hiperfire, the recommendation from Hiperfire is to use the heavy springs (producing the lightest trigger pull) as they will slow down the hammer more, hypothetically reducing damage. 

The only trigger elfmann recommends for the mpx is the .308 trigger not the 3 gun. Mine has been working great.

I have not heard of anyone else running a DIY JP trigger (not the EZ) in their MPX with the MPX hammer but I have been with out any issues other than when I first installed it I used KNS anti-walk pins and the hollow trigger pin bowed in about 1K rounds. I replaced that with JP anti-walk pins which are not hollow and it has been running great for about 3K rounds so far...  It seems like I end up with a JP trigger in everything.

Jeff