Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX Triggers

How are the after market triggers holding up in the MPX? I have Geissele SSA-E, It's still going after 3500 rounds. Would like to hear from you guys that have ELF, Hiperfire or any other triggers. My Geissele SSA-E is a great trigger but from what I have been reading it well eventual fail. Looking to get a trigger that will last. Any input would great.

Geissele is supposed to be coming out with one for the MPX soon.  I have an SSA in mine, about 3k rounds no prob.  As soon as they come out with an MPX specific trigger I will be ordering one. Cant help withe others, but I have seen a lot of Hyperfire triggers being used in the MPX. 

Edited by GregJ

I have noticed the firing pin hole becoming deformed and burred to the point that the firing pin will not come out,

Still running the GSSA, 

I cleaned and de-burred the hole, keeping fingers crossed while looking for to buy a 24c...

I called and talked with the Tech guys at Timney Triggers and they said any of their 2-stage triggers are good to go in the MPX. The single stage not so much. The AR Elite is goot to go too but good luck finding one.

I've had great luck and like the feel of the Timney single stage in several of my AR's

I was running a Geissele SSA for a while then recently switched to a Hiperfire 24C.  The SSA ran fine, but I was getting concerned that it may fail in the MPX so I switched.  I'm about 1000 rounds into the Hiperfire and happy that I switched.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:35 PM, pitvpr said:

I have noticed the firing pin hole becoming deformed and burred to the point that the firing pin will not come out,

Still running the GSSA, 

I cleaned and de-burred the hole, keeping fingers crossed while looking for to buy a 24c...

Had the same issue with CMC. Running a SSA-E now and it seems fine. Considering switching to 24C though. 

On 5/8/2017 at 11:14 AM, pitvpr said:

Just switched to the 24C this week, shot it for the first time this weekend at a local match, 2nd overall and 1st PCC :) very happy so far with the trigger, insane splits with it!

Did you run it with the red shoe or without??  I just think the shoe is kinda weird...

T

10 hours ago, pitvpr said:

Yeah, I ran it with the shoe (but it's not red) I have the ECL model :rolleyes:

And I'm running the light springs...

Thanks!  I figured the lightest springs were the way to go.

T

Put a 24C ECL in the MPX today, shot 200 rounds. Put the light springs in and it feels nice. I really like the SSA-E that I had in it but I don't want my trigger going south in the middle of a match. Not sure that it would of failed. It looks good after 4000 rounds. The hammer of the SSA-E was hitting the edge of the bolt and this could be a problem like what pitvpr had with the firing pin hole. Match this coming weekend, well see how the 24C and me do.

On 5/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, Tattoo said:

Did you run it with the red shoe or without??  I just think the shoe is kinda weird...

T

It does look weird/cheesy. I just installed mine this last weekend and I was to not use the shoe. Installed it just to try it and it makes the trigger more comfortable. I have only put about 2 mag dumps through it but it was enough to leave it on.