Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage footage from the Netherlands

DutchGunner

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that really stood out to me was the draw.  After the beep you draw, and then start to move.

You'll gain little bits of time here and there by moving immediately, as you'll already be part way through the first step as you get the gun out of the holster.

Just curious... are the half targets a legal target presentation?  In USPSA if you cut a target, I don't think you can use the other piece as a separate target, and was just wondering if IPSC allowed it in their rules. 

I think you could be more aggressive in transitioning from target to target, like at 0:26 and again at 0:35.  I think you could snap over a little faster; it looks a little leisurely.  I have a problem with "urgency" as well, and have been getting better with dryfire.  I've been pushing my 90 degree and 180 degree transitions in dryfire, and it is translating to faster movement in matches, though I still have a long way to go!  Your run looked solid, though!   

Edited by AlphaCharis

I think at 0:27, I would have shot the right target first since it becomes obstructed as you move forward, and the left one doesn't... so you kinda had to lean to get it instead of continuing forward.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5-5-2017 at 9:37 PM, AlphaCharis said:

Just curious... are the half targets a legal target presentation?  In USPSA if you cut a target, I don't think you can use the other piece as a separate target, and was just wondering if IPSC allowed it in their rules.

Yes they are a legal target. But you need to make a non scoring border on de cutline. And when you cut a target you can't use the other part as a second target. So the presentation you see in the video are 2 cut up targets.

Thanks for the tips on transitions! Now I have to figure out a drill and a place to practice them. I dont have modular bullettraps on my own 25m range and can't fire in the walls.

Every time you pull the gun all the way back to your chest and push it back out it is costing time.  I think I would have shot that stage almost entirely while moving. Maybe not the two farthest ones, but definitely all the rest.