Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best glock trigger Hands down

Waterfowl-widowmaker

After years of putting up with a mediocre trigger in my Glocks, I have finally found what I consider the absolute best on the market today. After spending hundreds of dollars on the big name aftermarket triggers, I have come to my final resting spot. It's the Arsenal Democracy "Switch" trigger. It came with a tuned and highly polished trigger bar, connector, ejector block and striker safety plunger. I went ahead and swapped the springs that came with it with Wolff competition spring kit. It instantly turned the mushy trigger I had gotten used to into a trigger better than in most factory 1911's. 

I know what most of you are thinking and I would have thought the same thing if I weren't holding it in my own hand. It has zero take up and to say it had an 1/8" of creep would be exaggerating. Just enough to allow the safety to be functional. It breaks as clean as my 2011 with almost no over travel. You will have to shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it to get used to it, it breaks that clean. According to my trigger pull gauge, it was breaking right around 2.75#. I'm not going to bash anyone's product, but it made all the other big name triggers seem like a stock Glock trigger when comparing them. It was well worth the money and then some. 

I am pretty happy with my Glock trigger. The only thing I did was change the springs with a zev spring kit with a connector and I polished all contact points. So for $35 and a little bit of elbow grease, it made quite a big difference. I do not have a trigger pull gauge but I would say it's at about 3.00#.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/15/2017 at 3:29 PM, Waterfowl-widowmaker said:

After years of putting up with a mediocre trigger in my Glocks, I have finally found what I consider the absolute best on the market today. After spending hundreds of dollars on the big name aftermarket triggers, I have come to my final resting spot. It's the Arsenal Democracy "Switch" trigger. It came with a tuned and highly polished trigger bar, connector, ejector block and striker safety plunger. I went ahead and swapped the springs that came with it with Wolff competition spring kit. It instantly turned the mushy trigger I had gotten used to into a trigger better than in most factory 1911's. 

I know what most of you are thinking and I would have thought the same thing if I weren't holding it in my own hand. It has zero take up and to say it had an 1/8" of creep would be exaggerating. Just enough to allow the safety to be functional. It breaks as clean as my 2011 with almost no over travel. You will have to shoot a couple of hundred rounds through it to get used to it, it breaks that clean. According to my trigger pull gauge, it was breaking right around 2.75#. I'm not going to bash anyone's product, but it made all the other big name triggers seem like a stock Glock trigger when comparing them. It was well worth the money and then some. 

What other triggers did you try? Why did you feel the need to swap in the Wolff parts? Thank you. I have a Glock project coming up and I am shopping parts. 

Minus connector of your brand preference. Polishing. Heavy trigger spring and lighter 4.5 striker spring ... if you feel so inclined. Invest the rest of your triggerjob fund into 2,000 rounds of ammo burned up in live fire practice.

Best trigger kit for the Glock there is.

Hands down. Every Glock GM that I've run into has been quite happy with a recipe very close to that.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

What other triggers have you tried for the Glock?

I have used a friends 19 with a zev trigger in it and IMO it was one of the better ones out their. But I don't think they are production or CO legal.

The arsenal is not production legal either.

The best thing to do if you are shooting production or carry optics IMO is to buy a spring kit, new connector, and then polish all the factory parts. Including the safety plunger. Basically anything that moves as a result of pulling the trigger.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:50 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Minus connector of your brand preference. Polishing. Heavy trigger spring and lighter 4.5 striker spring ... if you feel so inclined. Invest the rest of your triggerjob fund into 2,000 rounds of ammo burned up in live fire practice.

Hands down. Every Glock GM that I've run into has been quite happy with a recipe very close to that.

I didn't this and got an really good trigger.  

Then, because I'm the type that always wonders "what if", I wanted to try a custom trigger and knew I'd always be questioning if I was missing out.  I live near Charlie Vannek so I called him up and met up with him and tired one of his classic triggers. I bought it. I like it and can feel a difference between mine and his. However, neither  trigger will have any affect on the outcome of a match.  If a trigger cost you a match win, wait...... it won't.  Never mind. If you're good enough to win, the trigger isn't gonna matter because you've already checked the box labeled trigger control. You'll still have to keep with it but you've gotten past that point. 

Now, saying all that. While at his place, I got to dry fire all his glocks and the triggers in his open/limited guns where beyond belief. You couldn't (at least I couldn't) imagine a glock trigger could be that good!  

So, to the OP, I'd love to feel the trigger your talking about. 

seriously, good  for  you.as  long  as  you're  happy  with the  trigger  feel  you  now experience  in your  gun, it's  what  really  count.

the  best triggers  i've   ever  tried  are mine. well,not entirely mine; whatever  the  trigger  assembly  i've  dropped  in my limited  guns, i've  reworked  them  to  extract  the max  out  of  them.  i  use  ZEV tech  ultimate but  mod'ed angles  and  shapes . it gets me   a  2.1lbs trigger weight break on  the    unit  sitting in my 35,   and      2.5  on  another  unit  installed  in my G22  all  safeties  intact ;   and  i'm a  very   happy camper.

On 4/17/2017 at 9:32 PM, Patrick Scott said:

What other triggers did you try? Why did you feel the need to swap in the Wolff parts? Thank you. I have a Glock project coming up and I am shopping parts. 

It comes with full power springs, the Wolff are reduced power. Makes for a lighter trigger pull.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:50 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Well, by no means am in a GM status. But last year between practice, matches and work, I shot just over 19k rounds through a Glock. Other than those shooting production, about how many GM's shoot Glocks over a 2011?

4 hours ago, Waterfowl-widowmaker said:

It works, all safeties are fully functional.

Not saying I don't believe you, I'm just curious, what tests did you perform to ensure all safeties are functioning properly?

My G17 trigger is almost as smooth as my G34 trigger which has the Vogel production legal kit in it.  

All it took was around 25k rounds.  but I can't really tell a difference between the two.

always cracks me up when people compare glock triggers to 1911/2011's... no glock trigger will be the same, the physics just arent there. Several different glock triggers ive had or felt were incredible improvements on oem, but apples still arent oranges. The arsenal trigger is dope as shit though, ill pick one up for kicks soon!

On 22/04/2017 at 6:46 AM, colt1911 said:

always cracks me up when people compare glock triggers to 1911/2011's... no glock trigger will be the same, the physics just arent there. Several different glock triggers ive had or felt were incredible improvements on oem, but apples still arent oranges. The arsenal trigger is dope as shit though, ill pick one up for kicks soon!

i'm wondering what set their  trigger apart of the rest......seems like another '''tuned''''   trigger  assembly  to me. 

• 4 weeks later...