Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA Pro Ultra Match (wide body 1911) FTE

N3WWN

I was having the same problem with my Pro Match so after reading this thread I bent my extractor to apply more tension and the gun is running at 100% now. I'm running ACT Para P16 mag tubes with Dawson +4 base pads and Arredondo extended mag springs for 20 reloadable. I love my Pro Match. It's the best value competition pistol you can get for ~$820 IMO but it's sucks having a problem like this. If it wasn't for this thread I would have been messing with my mags for the next two weeks.

Edited by Rain_Manny

It's good to hear that this info helped you!

My extractor has started acting up after about 700-800 rounds after I adjusted it.  I'm going to retension the extractor again and will likely replace it with an EGW or Wilson Combat extractor (and ejector, while I'm at it) so I don't have to worry about it so soon again.

I just put an EGW HD extractor in my Pro Ultra Match last night. Was surprised how a little bend goes a long way with that extractor vs the factory one. Put about 1/2 the bend in the EGW and it wouldn't let a round slide up. Took about 1/2 of that bend back out and now it cycles beautifully and I can tell it ejects more consistently, too, even with the factory ejector.

Next up: EGW ejector and EGW firing pin stop (I'll put a minimal radius on it)... when I get chance.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Go to Brazos site and read their magazine articles on how to tune an extractor, I still am using the RI extractor with no issues. Also, am switching to MBX mags, yes I know they are expensive, but they fit my Pro 40, an get the bullets more in line with the chamber, they feed great.

• 4 weeks later...

That's very funny I also started to have problems again after a couple of matches after bending the factory extractor and switched to an Aftec, I had to take the forward most spring out of it, it was creating so much tension rounds did not want to fit between it and the breechface. It's fine now but I don't know if it's the Arredondo mag spring not being strong enough so I want to switch over to MBX's just to make sure I have every base covered.