Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio stock 3 extreme

zorance

Hi Guys,

Last week i bought Tanfoglio stock 3 extreme.On the range i have a lot problems with factory PPU ammo and reload ammo with fiocchi primers.I order EG medium hammer spring and light striker spring.Now i am thinking to order Eg firing pin (It's longer)but i am affraid that longer firing pin don't go through primer.Has anyone use this EG firing pin. And yes,sorry for my bad english.

P.S

Do you now what weight is originally coming hammer and striker spring in stock 3 extreme,and why EG recomend medium striker spring for hard primers,it is more logically that light striker spring transfer more power to primers .And i am not sure when i order firing pin for my stock 3 xtreme do i order firing pin for large frame or for small frame

Edited by zorance

There is no worry about the long firing pin. It's a good idea to get one. 

most likely you you need to order for small frame. In most of the world 9mm tanfoglios are small frame. Only in the us they made all models large frame. 

i don't  know why Eric suggests medium firing pin spring for hard primers. The light spring is the better option. 

Thank you very much,i send e mail to tanfoglio to confirm the side of frame but no answer.Pistol is exellent but to be honest for that price i didn t expect to have this kind of problem.You need 50 bullets to lose faith in your gun and 1000 bullets to regain that faith.For me reliability   is most important thing with weapon.Here is my TS3X.i also think that is small frame

20170415_081546.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It comes with medium springs from factory I believe. Mine did. Get a light fp spring and you might be ok, but probably not 100% with factory ammo. With Titan hammer, medium hammer spring and light fp spring you will be 100%.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Xtreme comes with EG Medium Hammer Spring .....also with Xtreme "Long" Firing pin.

Just cut few coils from the Firing Pin Spring and see if that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tonight i replace factory hammer spring with EG spring and i can feel that DA is heavier then it was,i also replace factory firing pin with EG firing pin.Overall length is minimum between this two pin.Tomorow i am going to the range.I hope this will help.From some reason i think that length of firing pin is main problem,it should be longer.even longer than is EG pin.

P.S

factory hammer spring is 6kg

EG is 7,3 kg 

Edited by zorance