Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drum Mag

Am I the only one running a drum mag? This 50 rounder I've had from Xproducts for about 3 years has always worked perfectly. Yeah yeah, it costs $230 bucks but it holds 50 rounds, feeds perfectly, keeps the mass close to the gun, made in the usa and has a lifetime warranty.

Of course, Colt pattern only.

20170414_091816_resized.jpg

Hello: My Metalform 32 round mag with a Taylor Freelance base pad holds 40 rounds plus two 20-27 round mags on the belt is all I have needed for any USPSA pistol match I have shot so far. I think the drum would be great for an all steel match or some of the monster matches out there. Too bad they don't cost under $100, I would have a couple then. Thanks, Eric

Glad to hear yours runs well. I've been thinking about picking one up for the occasional super high round count outlaw match.  I usually run Taylor Freelance, can you say how the drum feels compared to the 40rnd mag/extensions?

On 4/14/2017 at 10:30 AM, rowdyb said:

Am I the only one running a drum mag? This 50 rounder I've had from Xproducts for about 3 years has always worked perfectly. Yeah yeah, it costs $230 bucks but it holds 50 rounds, feeds perfectly, keeps the mass close to the gun, made in the usa and has a lifetime warranty.

Of course, Colt pattern only.

They also just announced release of their HK MP5 model.

https://www.xproducts.com/product/x5-mp5-50-round-drum/