Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Groove in SG reciever M2

kz45

My M2 bolt started staying to the rear with a shell on the carrier, ive tried all the fixes [ i think] new mag spring, longer follower [OR3Gun] thinking the nose of the shell was catching on the lip coming out the tube, I took it apart to polish the bolt release lever another fix I found here, thats when i noticed the groove made by the rim o \f the shell as it rubbed against the side of the receiver along its path out the tube and up into position to be chambered, Im guessing less than 5000 rounds this cant be normal!?  anyone else out there have this problem, whats the fix?

Ive polished the groove and tapered it  which has helped but i need to stop it from getting worse!  

Had the same problem with the VersaMax Competition.  Inside was cerkoted and dragging the rim of the shell like that, tried all the fixes as well.  Finally fixed it when I replaced the carrier dog spring with a benelli spring and polished the inside down to the metal and took off all he cerakote finish.  

• 3 weeks later...

Alls good again, I think it was the breech bolt latch, you could visibly see a difference. Shot 50  rounds today with no hang ups, going shoot a match tomorrow

I have also had this. Gave the rough patches a polish at the weekend and now seems good.

Interested if the new breech bolt latch is part of the issue. Hope the match went well?