Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wallowing out the Magwell on a stock 2

Jsuki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't cut it if you're shooting production.. I'm pretty sure that's considered an external mod..

You're better off opening up the inside a little with a dremel, it's an internal mod and deemed ok by the NROI as long as you don't touch the outside of the gun. There is a thread on it in here somewhere.

This is mine.. I may open up the back a little more but I'm happy with it the way it is.. I did notice a little difference especially on reloads I did get done clean.. the extra room made a bigger margin for error I think and still be able to get a good reload in.

0d5c695189888f6dfcfcdac2f779bf0a.jpg2c20439a4e52652b49a1eb5cbf8596c0.jpg

1 hour ago, Fmantee said:

I read in the rules somewhere about coating the exterior. I think that is a no no. You should check into it before it changes your division.

Sigh...this again.

In Production: IPSC prohibits all aftermarket coatings. USPSA has a more reasonable approach: it allows them as long as the finish doesn't add traction to the firearm and is strictly cosmetic.

You're obviously not going to add grip inside your magwell, causing mags to hang up. The only place that would make sense would be on the slide, really. You're good.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The biggest improvement is found reducing the ridge around the INSIDE of the magwell all the way around, which causes the mag to bind when you don't insert it dead straight.

That lack of ability to hit the gun at a slight angle (but with bullet dead center in magwell) is the reason guns like a Glock are much easier to reload than the factory Tanfo.

Beveling the front and rear flat portions on the bottom of the gun obviously helps, but not as much as the former modification.

Here's my gun, from the thread posted above. It's been modified more extensively than the others in this thread, and reloads are vastly easier to hit than my G34 or M&P, now.

IMG_0314.thumb.JPG.81e2f354e961d3e7e81127e7d00b3358.JPGIMG_0316.thumb.JPG.8ca646df0efed6951d732f2718a00f53.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic