Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double action problem Stk ll

zombywoof

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update;

I replaced the BOLO and got a swing that now matches the stock interrupter.

I was still getting light hits with the 14lb PD spring.

I changed to a Henning Gen 5 FP.

I'm now using the Xtreme light hammer spring with the Henning pin. I'm getting good hits now.

I've got just under 2000 rounds through it and have tried a 9 pound recoil spring this week. This gun is running good now.

Thanks everyone for the help.

On 5/3/2017 at 2:23 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Oh! I mentioned polishing that spot on your frame in my Tanfoglio Tuning videos because my gun showed contact there.

But I can say with certainty that taking the gun apart specifically to polish the tip of the disconnector and that spot on the frame had absolutely no affect on my trigger pull. I tested it out of curiosity.

Wait until you have the gun apart for other reasons.

Do you think if it makes too much contact with nose of bolo during the trigger pull back, it'll push bolo upward and cause early dropping of hammer? I almost have like scrape marks like bolo is really making significant contact. I don't ever recall my cz having that. 

45 minutes ago, Polymer said:

Do you think if it makes too much contact with nose of bolo during the trigger pull back, it'll push bolo upward and cause early dropping of hammer? I almost have like scrape marks like bolo is really making significant contact. I don't ever recall my cz having that. 

He took the bolo out and was still getting light hits. I will say I'm surprised it still occurred w the PD 14#. Yet moved to a lighter firing pin and it went away? Something isn't adding up. Esp since using the EG light spring. He literally went to lighter firing pin and spring and it cured the light strikes. That goes against pretty much every single persons experience here when tuning these. 

Edited by SoCalShooter69

On 5/11/2017 at 10:22 PM, SoCalShooter69 said:

He took the bolo out and was still getting light hits. I will say I'm surprised it still occurred w the PD 14#. Yet moved to a lighter firing pin and it went away? Something isn't adding up. Esp since using the EG light spring. He literally went to lighter firing pin and spring and it cured the light strikes. That goes against pretty much every single persons experience here when tuning these. 

Sounds like he went with heavier recoil spring too. Delay the barrel unlocking just a bit. 

1 hour ago, b18prl said:

Sounds like he went with heavier recoil spring too. Delay the barrel unlocking just a bit. 

More likely slamming the round in harder. 

Ammo can be too long (fixed by reaming) or too fat.  Reaming the led longer won't fix that!

More likely slamming the round in harder. 

Ammo can be too long (fixed by reaming) or too fat.  Reaming the led longer won't fix that!

I was thinking something like primer flow like in open gun case by looking at his picture but his was by firing pin dragging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
24 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

I have the same problem now, pulling in DA slow is ok, pulling the trigger in DA fast/suddenly short strokes the hammer. 

Look up patriot defense's thread on increasing da pull with a bolo. It could need that, or you could have over polished the trigger bar / interruptor "wing".

54 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

Thanks. Didn't happened before. Just started like a month or so ago. 

Gun specs ? Modifications? Useage level ?

Can be different things. But if it ran for a long time and then started, i suspect wear. That wing or the trigger bar. But it can also be the bolo nose.  (if you are running one).

Read thru the thread on extending bolo da stroke.  follow those instructions and go slow! Little at a time.

I believe, you are ALSO potentially  not getting far enough behind the wing of the bolo. 

What has me worried is that you may have a timing issue on the gun if this just started for you. What happens is the SA breaks slightly to early before the trigger bar has moved far enough down on the SA cycle causing the BOLO wing to slightly impact the trigger bar. Depending how hard its hitting is dependent how long it takes to get wear on the BOLO wing..... this could happen as soon as a few hundred rounds or several thousand.