Double action problem Stk ll

zombywoof

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, waktasz said:

Is it ONLY happening in double action? 

Then the hammer is falling too early in the DA process and it might be new Bolo time.

Swap the stop disco back in and see what happens

I was thinking of a component problem. My thought was trigger bar?

I tried a disco swap and did pencil test only, will try live fire. Pencil test doesn't count.

3 hours ago, zombywoof said:

I was thinking of a component problem. My thought was trigger bar?

I tried a disco swap and did pencil test only, will try live fire. Pencil test doesn't count.

Could also be that if the part that engages the trigger bar wing is out of spec or worn. 

On 4/13/2017 at 5:44 PM, zombywoof said:

I'm having problems light off Winchester primers in double action.

Primers seated tight on clean pockets, Good polish job, Titan, Bolo, one piece sear, extended FPB,  PDO FP spring, heavy FP, PD 15.5 hammer spring, Xtreme trigger.

I'm getting 30-40% non fire on first pull, fires on second pull. This usually means primers not seated. I have them crushed and then check them with a hand primer.  I've removed the FPB and get the same results. I kep going up in hammer spring strength and get the same results.

Problem #2, might be related

I'm getting firing pin drag marks on the primer. I've tried all combinations of original FP, heavy FP with PDO spring, stock spring and Xtreme light spring. I can't figure it out.

Also have an extra power extractor spring.

primer.jpg

As stated before whats the hammer travel distance between when the BOLO is installed and the factory interrupter in DA? Do you still get light strikes with the factory interrupter installed and in its current state?

Problem #2 is a dwell timing issue with your gun. The barrel is unlocking and moving before the firing pin is retracted back through the breach hole. This normally isnt a cause for concern as several factory model guns on the market do this in their factory form. This does however become an issue if its removing material from the primer and dragging it back through the breach hole or possible bend the FP if the barrel is unlocking really soon on the FP.  

The Stock interrupter pulled th DA much further. Is the BOLO supposed to pull as far? If so looks like the BOLO is the problem.

I also see a mark on the frame. Looks like the BOLO is hitting the frame. Is this normal?

Trigger bar looks good.

STKINT.jpg

Frame.jpg

Tbar.jpg

I'm having issues with my DA as well. Im about 70% light off. PD firing pin, 15.5 lb hammer spring, light FP spring, titan, xtreme sear.

I noticed that my titan Has a pretty big dimple. Can anyone check their titan and compare?

e2FatK3.jpg

Edited by tt350z

31 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

On the sides of the hammer where it pivots in the frame? Definitely doesn't hurt anything to smooth that out. I did.

I was referring to the pic where the nose of bolo looks like it rubs the frame. This is the first time I've seen anyone discuss it.

Oh! I mentioned polishing that spot on your frame in my Tanfoglio Tuning videos because my gun showed contact there.

But I can say with certainty that taking the gun apart specifically to polish the tip of the disconnector and that spot on the frame had absolutely no affect on my trigger pull. I tested it out of curiosity.

Wait until you have the gun apart for other reasons.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

One of my S2s with BOLO has premature DA hammer release that I can feel easily even in dry-fire, and it happens whenever I pull the trigger at certain angle, e.g. not straight back but a bit (or a lot) to the left.  

Even with the DA hammer premature release, however, I still could light off WSP 100% times.   This feature has enabled me to train pulling trigger straight back.  I like it. 

My other S2 does with BOLO does not have this problem.  I suspect it has more to do with the trigger bar and frame than to BOLO.

1 hour ago, Polymer said:

I was referring to the pic where the nose of bolo looks like it rubs the frame. This is the first time I've seen anyone discuss it.

1 hour ago, JusticeOfToren said:

One of my S2s with BOLO has premature DA hammer release that I can feel easily even in dry-fire, and it happens whenever I pull the trigger at certain angle, e.g. not straight back but a bit (or a lot) to the left.  

Even with the DA hammer premature release, however, I still could light off WSP 100% times.   This feature has enabled me to train pulling trigger straight back.  I like it. 

My other S2 does with BOLO does not have this problem.  I suspect it has more to do with the trigger bar and frame than to BOLO.

Both of you are correct, although the nose of the bolo rubbing is more of a difference in frame tollerance, than it is parts. Just the same as how some hammer spring pockets are shallower than others. 

On 5/3/2017 at 6:19 AM, johnbu said:

20170503_081548_zpsz8bwusf2.jpg

Mine after whi knows how many DA firings.

Thats seems about the same as the Delta on my Limited Custom Xtreme (which fires 100%).

Seems like my Titan has soft steel. Mine probably has 500 live rounds through it, if that and has a noticeable raised area arounf the dimple from the displaced steel.

7 hours ago, tt350z said:

seems like my Titan has soft steel. Mine probably has 500 live rounds through it, if that and has a noticeable raised area around the dimple from the displaced steel.

Mine too. I had to stone the raised portion of the crater.