Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Copper Grips

blsexton

Just getting my new to me Stock 3 up and running.  Spent my initial funds on springs/guide rod and ammo.  Finding the OEM grips didn't fit worth a crap, they're about 1/16" too short on both sides at the bottom near the mag well- so with the OEM Grips and the screw tight they still slip under recoil- making a 'rocking motion'.  Should be something that a $900+ gun has right from the factory- contacted EAA and they said they'll exchange for a new set.  Hope they're a better fit.

So, in the meantime I needed some grips but was a bit short on funds. I saw a couple good comments about Copper Grips aka lavagrips.com. (NOTE I have no connection to the company, the owner and no monetary interest in them).  Well, for $38 I bought a set of Copper Grips and got them 3 days later. Let me say I was extremely impressed with the 'Grippiness" of the material.   In dry fire they are very very grippy.  Probably not a carry grip for EDC due to that fact.  One small issue I did have to take a razor blade and trim them just a bit to fit my exact Stock 3.  Contacted the owner and he said that sometimes EAA specs are just a bit varied from gun to gun. He said any issues in firing to contact him and he'd make it right.  So far I'm very satisfied with them and will try and report back after 1k rds or so.  For the price it seems these are a screaming deal.  Also ordered another set right away for a 1911 at $27.  

So if someone is on a budget and looking for a good set try these- I don't know how they'll do after 1k, but will report back later.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The two locals I know who have run them have broken them within 3/6 months. Just a heads up, that's the reason they aren't more popular.

Grip it hard, grip it hard...oops, broke the grips.   soundslike the story of my life!

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The two locals I know who have run them have broken them within 3/6 months. Just a heads up, that's the reason they aren't more popular.

I broke a pair in the first week...

I tried a pair on my CZ a while back and the inside rubbed thee mag and I quickly cracked them. When I switched to a Tanfoglio, I tried a few sets of grips until a buddy let me fondle is Stock 2 with Copper grips. I fell I'm love and ordered a set. Had to cut down the set he makes for the regular Witness so it would fit the competition frame. This time I only tightened them enough to keep em on, no cranking the screw down. I do have to occasionally retightrn the screw but no big deal.

New season and I needed a fresh set of grips for a second gun. This time he had a Stock 2 specific grip which I ordered. They are a bit thicker with a slightly different contour. Still awesome grippiness. I will continue to use them and keep a spare set in the bag. Heck, they are cheap enough.

Love them, but be weary of over tightening them. They will hug your magazines and your reloads will suffer. I ran them for almost a year until they started contouring into my magazine channel, that's when I decided to go back to the metal scale 2.0s.