Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommend me a magwell for my gen 4 G34

minnesota1

I have smaller hands so I do not use any backstrap on my gen 4 G34. I am looking for a magwell for competition shoots. It would be nice that it can help fit in the boxes for ipsc, etc. Anyway, any suggestions? I plan on mainly using this one for steel shoots.

Let me know your thoughts, etc. and suggestions and if there's a better place to buy it that would be great.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, minnesota1 said:

Can you use standard sized mags in the TTI as well?  Or just those with mag extensions?

I also use the TTI magwell, and it's great. Way better than the Dawson, which I switched from. It may be a bit hard to do a fast mag change with mags that don't have extensions on them. You can use standard mags, but you can't really drive them home with your palm, you have to push them in with your thumb. And you're really in trouble if they don't fall free. 

12 hours ago, minnesota1 said:

Can you use standard sized mags in the TTI as well?  Or just those with mag extensions?

They will fit, but it won't make for a quick change.  I use the TTI basepads on most mags, I use both the +5 and the +0. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

magpul now makes a polymer magwell with a msrp of $25, when mine arrives later this week I'll get some pics of it installed on my G35 gen3 and w/ factory mag base and extended, they are listed for gen3 but I hear w/ no back strap on the g4 it fits, may need some fitting but its polymer so its not hard to file down 

Wonder if the plastic magwell will take up the abuse of slamming in mags or I guess if it dies after after a year or two you can just buy another one for $25...

Edited by Weever82

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run a Zev Aluminum, and it worked great for what I needed it to do. But, if I had to do it over again, that new TTI one would be hard to pass up. I got to handle one at a match a month or so back, and it was probably the best I've seen for the Glock platform. 

The Dawson Precision Heavy Brass. Glocks need the extra weight.The heavier the better.

I think it also improves balance in the hand.Got one on each of my three Glocks.

• 1 month later...

The Zev are great, if they fit.  I had one where the brass insert would not go into the gun all the way.  The screws always seem to strip the threads as well.

TTI is a great one and easy to install.  Not the heaviest though.

I have heard good things about the SJC and Carver models.

I agree that a heavy magwell will balance the Glock nicely.