Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ 75 TS 9mm mags FAIL

phyrefly

Bought brand new mags (bone stock 9mm 20 rd) from CZC.

All three of them fail to lock into place due to the mag catch notch either being too low or not wide enough (you choose perspective) on the mag body to engage the mag latch.

This CZ TS is .40 and as per the information provided here by trusted members who have done the same, I converted to 9mm for 3gun and will shoot "major' for USPSA.

The barrel (fitted by myself) is a great fit and functions without issue.  The pistol fires flawlessly as long as I hold it in position with my thumb while firing (yeah...i know...not an option!).  The first round fires and as the slide returns to battery, it fails to pick up the second round in mag, as the mag (due to chamber pressure/cycling) withdraws from its seated position in the pistol.

Has anyone experienced this whether in an actual CZ TS chambered in 9, or during the above stated conversion?

Yes:  It is a 9mm TS mag

No:  I have not changed the guts or added a basepad

Yes:  .40 mags "click" in without issue ALWAYS

I ran three mags fully loaded, rapid fire while holding mag in position without even one FTF.

Thank you for you help with my problem.

Edited by phyrefly

I did my own "fact checking" on the "mag malf" we spoke about yesterday.

I described to you the problem as diagnosed (misdiagnosed) by the indoor range locally when we spoke on the phone.  I'm sorry I didn't give you accurate info.  I'm too trusting of others opinions at times.

What I discovered today was what I described in my post above.

Called CZC and you were with a customer.  I'm very certain that if I had given you accurate info, you would have given me the same advice your partner just did over the phone.

So in short, yes it was the CZC magwell/stock 9mm mag w/o basepad that caused the mag not to latch in position.

I switched one of the CZC pads with the stock pad and VIOLLA!

It functions flawlessly!

Thank you for your patience and time sir.

Ordering basepads from you now.